6230

Hi all,

How do I find out what software version my 6230 is running?

Reason why I ask is I'm wondering whether I need an upgrade. I tried
transferring some music files from the 6230 the other night to my samsung
d500 via bluetooth and now and again whilst the files were transferring the
blasted nokia kept switching itself off! I ended up transferring the files
via infrared but that's sooooo slow!

Netty
2 answers Last reply
More about 6230

    "Netty" <netty@???.com> wrote in message news:ddnddh$eeq$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > How do I find out what software version my 6230 is running?
    >
    > Reason why I ask is I'm wondering whether I need an upgrade. I tried
    > transferring some music files from the 6230 the other night to my samsung
    > d500 via bluetooth and now and again whilst the files were transferring the
    > blasted nokia kept switching itself off! I ended up transferring the files
    > via infrared but that's sooooo slow!
    >
    > Netty

    Type *#0000# into the phone

    Netty skrev:

    > blasted nokia kept switching itself off! I ended up transferring the files
    > via infrared but that's sooooo slow!

    My 6230i has a FIR (fast infrared) port, and most laptops have that
    too. Then the speed is OK. My desktop PC has a standard SIR interface
    (you can change one COM port to IR) and that's REAL REAL slow :-(

    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
    WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Nokia