Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaatt747

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
I have 2 Zotac GTX 570 AMP editions in SLI. I bought them at different times. They are the exact same model # but one has a newer BIOS version. Do you think I could be taking a performance hit of any kind because of this?

I'm sure there is a chance of bricking it. It's a chance I will take if it would be beneficial in anyway to getting them running the same BIOS. But if there is no benefit, then I won't bother.

By the way I have not increased the factory overclock (but may do so).

Specs are:

(CPU) Intel i5-2500K 4.2 Ghz OC

(Motherboard) Asus P8P67Pro B3 Revision

(Memory) 4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 memory

(GPU) 2 x Zotac Geforce GTX 570 Amp edition 780 MHz Core Clock

(Storage) 2 x 120GB OCZ Agility 3 in RAID 0

(PSU) Corsair TX750 Enthusiast Series V2

Solution
Having different bios in sli should not have any impact on performance.

Flashing the bios in a video card is pretty easy. I have used nbitor to flash a 470 bios onto a 465, I used to adjust the bios of all kinds of cards from 8800gt up to 470s. Never messed with anything newer than the 470 though.

Take a look at the attached link for a guide.
http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/2069/37/

Keep in mind you can never really brick a video card as long as you have another working card, you can always re-flash the bricked one. All you would need is a working bios and another card plugged into the monitor so you can see what your doing. Of course you could flash a crazy overclock and burn the thing out, but that different.

I keep an...

bucknutty

Distinguished
Having different bios in sli should not have any impact on performance.

Flashing the bios in a video card is pretty easy. I have used nbitor to flash a 470 bios onto a 465, I used to adjust the bios of all kinds of cards from 8800gt up to 470s. Never messed with anything newer than the 470 though.

Take a look at the attached link for a guide.
http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/2069/37/

Keep in mind you can never really brick a video card as long as you have another working card, you can always re-flash the bricked one. All you would need is a working bios and another card plugged into the monitor so you can see what your doing. Of course you could flash a crazy overclock and burn the thing out, but that different.

I keep an old, like 1995, pci video card around. If the flash goes wrong I just stick in the PCI card and boot with the screen plugged into that. Then just reflash.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.