Streming PC image

diddle283

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hi guys

Im sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, but I really can't figure out what section to put it in.

What I want to do is stream my pc screen image (mainly the web browser) from my pc to my tv which is downstairs (pc is upstairs). It has to be done this way as I need access to my vpn network for the content I want to watch.

The only way I can see of doing it is with Apple tv and buying airparrot for it. I really dont want to fork out for an Apple tv though as I have no interest at all in the rest of the content. Is there another way I can get my live PC image on my tv (preferably with the image sent from the pc to the router as this part is wired with home plugs and then wirelessly to the tv - if this cant be done, then fair enough). I need a reliable connection - which is making the Apple device sound more appealing.

In case it is important, I am looking at streaming live football, which I presume would be large amounts of data? And I currently use a gtx 560 ti in the pc I would like to stream from.

thanks for any help :)

If you have Cablevision (or Optimum) as your ISP and cable provider, they offer "Optimum Link" wich will do exactly what you want. If you dont have them, call your provider and complain, maybe they have something for you.

There are also solutions for creating homebrew wireless monitors - basically you plug one end into a dvi or hdmi port on your PC, and the other into your TV.

Haven't got more info than that, but I can tell you that they exist and that it seems to be similar to what you're looking for.