Status
Not open for further replies.

pillyg

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hello all,

I recently bought a "24 inch" monitor from Tigerdirect http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1990492

It was advertised in store and online as 24"

I opened the box and found (measuring tape) it was only a 23.6" monitor. The Asus website also said the product was 23.6". Something is not right.

I called the store and the manager tried to tell me that 23.6" and 24" monitors are the same. Is this true?

Has the manager not passed math class, or am I just not informed about monitors? :)

Thanks!

Solution
Well, the answer is no. A 23.6" monitor is very close to the size of a 24" monitor, but it is not exactly 24". 0.4" inch is missing; almost half and inch, but not quite.

If you round up to the nearest whole number, then you can say that 23.6" = 24". But there are 23.6" monitors and there are 24" monitors. If you feel cheated, then the only thing you can do is return it for a refund. You can argue "false advertisement". If they give you a hard time say "it is close enough", then demand a refund and ask for just a little more money.

For example, if the monitor costs you $195, then demand back $200 because "it rounds up to $200 and it is close enough." :)
Well, the answer is no. A 23.6" monitor is very close to the size of a 24" monitor, but it is not exactly 24". 0.4" inch is missing; almost half and inch, but not quite.

If you round up to the nearest whole number, then you can say that 23.6" = 24". But there are 23.6" monitors and there are 24" monitors. If you feel cheated, then the only thing you can do is return it for a refund. You can argue "false advertisement". If they give you a hard time say "it is close enough", then demand a refund and ask for just a little more money.

For example, if the monitor costs you $195, then demand back $200 because "it rounds up to $200 and it is close enough." :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.