Closed Solved

New GPU for my PC

Specs: AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz - 4GB DDR2 RAM - 650W PSU - GeForce 9800 GT 512MB (Broken) - ASUS M4N78 Pro Motherboard

I need new GPU in the $80 - $120 Range, my 9800gt died on me couple weeks ago and i'm looking for a card to replace till i start a new build later this year, i was thinking about a 6770, 7770 or a gtx550ti.

Any suggestions would be great.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. 7770. No doubt the best at that price range. Look around and you'll find deals on it.
  2. I have recently just built my first desktop from ground up. I spent days finding the right hardware. I finaly decided to buy the EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB Ed. I found this on NewEgg refurb for $110. I currently play Battlefield 3, Farcry 3, Portal, and other minor games on max settings. I have no complaints with it so far. I love it!

    If I had to come up with a con, I'd say when you put it on your motherboard, the top plastic part is facing down so you can't see the cool stickers... :(

    Overall I love it and have no cons for it. Recommended to anyone!! (Right in your price range too!!)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130744&Tpk=evga%20550%20ti%202gb
  3. Hi. A couple GTX 650 Ti can also be had for under $120 after rebate: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=118&sort=a5
  4. RussLile said:
    I have recently just built my first desktop from ground up. I spent days finding the right hardware. I finaly decided to buy the EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB Ed. I found this on NewEgg refurb for $110. I currently play Battlefield 3, Farcry 3, Portal, and other minor games on max settings. I have no complaints with it so far. I love it!

    If I had to come up with a con, I'd say when you put it on your motherboard, the top plastic part is facing down so you can't see the cool stickers... :(

    Overall I love it and have no cons for it. Recommended to anyone!! (Right in your price range too!!)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130744&Tpk=evga%20550%20ti%202gb



    Hmm i don't know refurbished parts kind of scare me, you haven't notice any problems?
  5. Best answer
    RussLile said:
    I have recently just built my first desktop from ground up. I spent days finding the right hardware. I finaly decided to buy the EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB Ed. I found this on NewEgg refurb for $110. I currently play Battlefield 3, Farcry 3, Portal, and other minor games on max settings. I have no complaints with it so far. I love it!

    If I had to come up with a con, I'd say when you put it on your motherboard, the top plastic part is facing down so you can't see the cool stickers... :(

    Overall I love it and have no cons for it. Recommended to anyone!! (Right in your price range too!!)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130744&Tpk=evga%20550%20ti%202gb

    I hate to break it to you, but the GTX 550 Ti is about equal to the Radeon HD 7750. The 7770 is significantly faster.

    @OP: The 7770 is the best bet, but it might be possible to find a GTX 650 Ti for $110. It's faster than the 7770. In fact, here's one at $110 after a rebate, with Borderlands 2 thrown in:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127704&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
  6. Sakkura said:
    I hate to break it to you, but the GTX 550 Ti is about equal to the Radeon HD 7750. The 7770 is significantly faster.

    @OP: The 7770 is the best bet, but it might be possible to find a GTX 650 Ti for $110. It's faster than the 7770. In fact, here's one at $110 after a rebate, with Borderlands 2 thrown in:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127704&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

    Exactly. 7770 > 550ti. Also a 550ti will not max out Battlefield. Maybe Medium at 1080p.

    Buy a 7770! All benchmarks for your price range will suggest it.
  7. envy14tpe said:
    Exactly. 7770 > 550ti. Also a 550ti will not max out Battlefield. Maybe Medium at 1080p.

    Buy a 7770! All benchmarks for your price range will suggest it.

    Well, the GTX 650 Ti is an option to consider too. It doesn't compare well against the 7850, but if you can squeeze it into this price range it does beat the 7770.
  8. Best answer selected by DragonBornKing.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics Product