Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Jrhill

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 31, 2013 2:04:57 AM

Hi guys (gals, too), I'm embarking on an SLI with a dual Galaxy GTX 660Ti configuration. I have one and am about to purchase the second one. Both are 2GB, both appear to have the same specs. However, the P/N of the one I presently own ends in XXZ, while the P/N of the one I am considering purchasing ends in VXZ. The first 9 letters/numbers are the same - 66NPH7DV6. Any cause for concern here? Many thanks, jrhill

More about : jrhill

Best solution

January 31, 2013 2:09:01 AM

jrhill said:
Hi guys (gals, too), I'm embarking on an SLI with a dual Galaxy GTX 660Ti configuration. I have one and am about to purchase the second one. Both are 2GB, both appear to have the same specs. However, the P/N of the one I presently own ends in XXZ, while the P/N of the one I am considering purchasing ends in VXZ. The first 9 letters/numbers are the same - 66NPH7DV6. Any cause for concern here? Many thanks, jrhill

Most likely the difference is in the firmware. Make sure they are both running the same versions, and you should be all set. You will like the fps you get, have fun!
a c 133 U Graphics card
January 31, 2013 2:11:50 AM

Would you by chance be able to link the cards? I would suspect you would be just fine if the model numbers were the same. I have a feeling perhaps there is a different firmware update/revision as tcg suggests.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 85 U Graphics card
January 31, 2013 2:17:59 AM

Just throwing out there, you don't have to have the exact same card to SLI with, you know that right?

You can SLI any 660ti with any other 660ti - both cards will run at the speed of the slower run.

(*Crossfire is even less restrictive; you can SLI a 7950 with a 7970, should you so please.)
Score
a c 133 U Graphics card
January 31, 2013 2:41:56 AM

You can however, it's a good idea to stick with the same amount of ram; so you don't run into technical issues pairing the two cards.
Score
February 10, 2013 4:06:58 PM

Best answer selected by jrhill.
Score
February 10, 2013 4:10:02 PM

TCG-CT said:
Most likely the difference is in the firmware. Make sure they are both running the same versions, and you should be all set. You will like the fps you get, have fun!

Thanks TCG-CT. Benchmark tests give dual 660Tis up to a 27% edge over a single 680. jhill
Score
!