BSODs and TDRs - nVIDIA 570 issues

Hi,

I've been using this computer since December of 2011, and till March it was perfect. But a few days ago, suddenly the display driver started corking out, giving me TDRs, and black screens at desktop. BSODs if I tried to play a game. I rolled back to a previous driver and the crashing at desktop got fixed but I still couldn't play any game. I turned my PC off for the night and the next day when I turned it on, the problem seemed to have fixed itself.

i7 2600
GTX 570
4 GB Ram
Win7 ultimate 32 bit
Coolermaster extreme 600W

However, yesterday night, I suddenly got a BSOD while watching a movie, which then wouldn't let me boot for a while giving me the error 'No bootable devices found". However a few minutes later, I was able to boot, but there was no dump file for the BSOD.

When I turned my PC on this morning, the TDR blackscreen problem resurfaced. I upgraded to the newest WHQL driver 295.73, and the crashing at desktop stopped again. However I get a BSOD if I try to play any game. Please help.

I ran the BSOD viewer, and it highlighted : nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.sys, watchdog.sys. I've tried cleaninstalling drivers with driver sweepers, upgraded my motherboard drivers, etc. Please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about bsods tdrs nvidia issues
  1. ntoskrnl.sys I'm right there with you... same BSOD same video card did you downgrade? I'm attempting to find older NVIDIA drivers now
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7