Nvidia Surround + 3d gaming

Nicolai92

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Hey everyone!

I'm a new user here on Tom's; figured I'd join up because I get a lot of great info from you guys!

Anyway, my question is a combination of a few things. I've just finished building my new rig, and since I haven't edited my profile I'll put in my current specs:

i7-3770k (stock clock atm) with an H100i liquid cooler (going to be doing push-pull soon)
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
EVGA GTX 660ti (carried over from last PC)

I definitely wanna upgrade the GPU in order to handle more with my system, and since I 3d game on my 1080p monitor I wanna go big. I was thinking two ASUS GTX670 4GB in SLI.

My question is:
A. Whether or not ya'll think this system with the two 670's would be enough for 60fps gaming at a 5940x1080 resolution.
B. Should I buy copies of my 3d monitor for this setup? Or would 3d vision with this resolution be far beyond the capabilities of the rig? I wouldn't mine the performance drop I currently get (anywhere between like 10-50% in FPS lost).

Thanks for any help guys!!!

I can tell you that my single 670 will max almost any game at 120fps. (Which is 3d minus the 3d.)

I would say that you'll be able to play 3d on three monitors at that resolution, but probably not with everything maxxed out.

(And you only have to have one 3d projector - the other monitors just have to be 120hz monitors. [at least in the case of the BenQ, which are the best quality ones anyways. ;P ])

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
I have 3d surround. I know all the ins and outs and performance marks. Let me know what game you want to know about.

@ DarkSable, please don't give the OP wrong information. You will only be able to play about 5% of games that released in the last 2 years with max settings @ 120fps 1920x1080. Unless you are talking about removing anti-aliasing, and just using FXAA, but that WOULD NOT be maxed settings.