6680

Hi
I'm having Voice Tag problems with my new 6680. I can load the tags but
they don't respond to
voice commands. Ideas anyone?
--
Jeffrey
3 answers Last reply

    I've found the 6680's response to voice tags to be a bit rubbish to be
    honest - nowhere near as reliable as my previous phone (6310i). Is the
    phone going through the normal motions and just not recognising them?
    Or is the tone (dum-diddly-dum noise) not happening on pressing the
    voice tag button?

    If it's just not recognising them, then thats just the phone I'm
    afraid. I'd suggest making sure you record the voice tags in a quiet
    room and hold the phone about a foot away from you when recording it.
    Seems to give me about the best results I can get with it, and even
    then I'm luck if it's 50% reliable. Shame, my 6310i gave somewhere near
    95% accuracy with the voice tags which made it very useful. I find the
    6680 damn near useless for it.

    It's possible I guess that it may be improved in future firmware
    implementations I suppose.

    cool_and_funky wrote:
    > I've found the 6680's response to voice tags to be a bit rubbish to be
    > honest - nowhere near as reliable as my previous phone (6310i). Is the
    > phone going through the normal motions and just not recognising them?
    > Or is the tone (dum-diddly-dum noise) not happening on pressing the
    > voice tag button?
    >
    > If it's just not recognising them, then thats just the phone I'm
    > afraid. I'd suggest making sure you record the voice tags in a quiet
    > room and hold the phone about a foot away from you when recording it.
    > Seems to give me about the best results I can get with it, and even
    > then I'm luck if it's 50% reliable. Shame, my 6310i gave somewhere near
    > 95% accuracy with the voice tags which made it very useful. I find the
    > 6680 damn near useless for it.
    >
    > It's possible I guess that it may be improved in future firmware
    > implementations I suppose.

    My experience exactly! 6310i was much better in that respect.
    Do you think I have recourse with my supplier?
    I'll give your suggestion a try though. Many thanks.
    --
    Jeffrey

    Always worth trying it on with the supplier, but I doubt they'll have a
    fix yet. For me the 6680 is sufficiently better than anything else out
    there that I'm happy (for now) to put up with the rubbish voice tags in
    the optimistic hope that it'll be rectified with a furture firmware
    updates.

Nokia