Sign in with
Your question
Closed

680 gtx / 3770k / Sabertooth z77 (Lag problem / stutter)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 31, 2013 2:15:27 PM

so,

Hey guys, a friend suggest me to come here, finally, after finding no fix for this problem.
Mainly the problem is about stuttering (sometimes when action and aiming or shooting on FPS) and lag. For exemple on Crysis 3 I put the graphics on high ( it's playeble but you know i'm competitive so.. ) Vsync OFF or ON (no difference)
i get 60 FPS easly but when it come to shoot or see the enemy or i don't know, being in the action, it lag and drop to around 30 and stutter for 1-2 second and come back to normal.
Thank you guys, if you have any question just write them and i'll read them !
(idk how to describe more my problem, i've tried so much things that did nothing...)

313.96 Nvidia Beta driver

SPEC :
I7 3770k stock
EVGA 680 gtx superclocked 2GB stock
Sabertooth z77
Corsair force 120 GB SSD
850 corsair psu

P.S.: ( I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON ALMOST EVERYGAME ! Planetside 2, Crysis 3, Farcry 3 and Battlefield 3 as well ! (i tried a very large amount of things... i've almost ruined my social life to this !!! ahah. So just tell me guys if i'm in the right section for this type of problem and thank you ! )
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2013 2:57:14 PM

Hi,
Have you looked at the card temps ?

Do you play on wireless internet connection ?

If you play at medium settings it stills does that ?

I know that since planetside 2 applied new hotfixes in 2013, I have the same problems that you have, but only sometimes.

Do you have any tools to monitor your gpu ?
Score
January 31, 2013 3:06:49 PM

thank you for the reply !

Card temp don't go over 40-45 ( CPU is almost the same as GPU temp )

my internet connection is Wired

Yeah, it does that on Medium settings too

Planetside 2 is a very demanding game but the fact is that my friend run it max out with a 670 (i do the same with my 680 BUT it lag when it's come to be in the battlefield)

I use Evga precision X for the fan profile but nothing others than that.

EDIT: i've noticed that when i put the graphic maxed out with FXAA i run 30 fps ALL THE TIME until i watch over (were nobody is. Like outside of the map) when i look back, my GPU drop down to 30 and stay there. ( sometimes it up to 60 and comeback fastly to 30... )

that's weird i feel like i have a deffect card or something like that because it's anormal while other ppl run maxedout 90-110 FPS with 670 : /

I hope somebody will help me ahah
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2013 4:49:44 PM

What OS are you running?
Score
January 31, 2013 6:00:09 PM

From your symptom of jumping between exactly 30 and 60 fps, I'd suspect you've got some sort of v-sync active. Do you have v-sync disabled in both the game and the NVIDIA control panel?
Score
January 31, 2013 6:51:15 PM

@ Wiggbot My Vsync i enable on everyting because my screen is only 60 hz and i got alot of screen tearing if i turn it off, unfortunally. :( 
(i tried FPS capping but it still happen anyway = / )

@ Redeemer I use Dxtory or Mirillis Action wich is my Principal software for recording.

Thank you for replying guys, i hope i'll fix it for EVER.
Score

Best solution

January 31, 2013 7:11:40 PM

w4k3up said:
@ Wiggbot My Vsync i enable on everyting because my screen is only 60 hz and i got alot of screen tearing if i turn it off, unfortunally. :( 
(i tried FPS capping but it still happen anyway = / )

@ Redeemer I use Dxtory or Mirillis Action wich is my Principal software for recording.

Thank you for replying guys, i hope i'll fix it for EVER.

I use v-sync as well. Just make sure you're using adaptive v-sync in the NVIDIA control panel instead of any in game v-syncs. Always set v-sync off in games. The NVIDIA control panel will force adaptive on.

If you are dropping to 30 fps, it's likely due to your computer not being able to put out 60 fps for that moment. Normal v-sync goes to the next lower fps setting (30 fps) while adaptive turns v-sync off when your computer isn't at 60 or above fps. Read up about it here: http://ubuntuxtreme.com/news/nvidia-explains-what-is-ad...
January 31, 2013 7:24:50 PM

Okay, so you suggest me to put everything on Default in NCP instead of Maximum performance for power management and Vsync adaptive ?
Is Tripple buffering useful in that case ?
Score
January 31, 2013 7:35:11 PM

Leave everything as you had it before. The only change you should make is setting v-sync to adaptive in the NCP and ensuring that v-sync is set to off in any in game menus.

You should notice a max frame rate of 60 (your monitor refresh rate) and if your computer ever can't push 60 fps it'll drop a few, instead of all the way to 30 fps.
Score
January 31, 2013 7:59:37 PM

On very high with no AA i have easly 60 FPS with 55 sometimes but the worst thing is that it stutter ><

( stutter still happen on Battlefield 3 and Farcry 3 = / )

By the way thank you, there was no tearing ;) 

Let's find what's the main cause of Stuttering now..
Score
January 31, 2013 11:54:16 PM

Best answer selected by w4k3up.
Score
!