Hauppage 1250 install crash

Drach

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
I recently built a computer, and I was trying to transfer a Hauppage 1250 into it from an old Dell computer I had. However, every time I installed the card into the PCI-E slot, it would fail to boot. I just got a black screen with no recovery, no boot into BIOS, nothing. Here is my build:

Case – Antec 900
Power Supply – Antec High Current Gamer HCG -750W
CPU – Intel i-5 3570
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooling fan
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard
Memory – G.Skill Ripjaw X-Series 4Gb x 2
240 Gb SSD drive – Sandisk Extreme
Seagate Barracuda 3 Tb 7200 RPM 64 MB, 6 Gb/sec HD
Western Digital Raptor 600 Gb, 10000 RPM
ASUS Black 12X Blu-ray drive
MSI R7850 Twin Frozr Radeon, 2Gb
Windows 8 Pro

I'm stuck. Is it just the TV tuner card? The card worked fine on my old Dell computer, but not in my build. I'm wondering if I have to get a newer card. BTW, I have Verizon FIOS and am trying to hook up the TV tuner to that box.

Drach

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
I did try to install the driver prior to installing the card, but it still booted up to a black screen. I'm wondering if anyone knows if this card works well with Windows 8. Or with newer motherboards. I can't quite figure it out.

You need a Windows 8 driver.

I had similar issues when I tried to run HVR-1950 because Hauppauge had jumped the gun and marketed their product prior to having available drivers. This was 3 years ago. It took quite a few phone calls and tech support to get this resolved.

I have not tried it on my Windows 8 computer.

I found that the tech support was fine but short staffed and the guy was quite impatient. But that was over three years ago.

I remember then that the driver installation was a rather circuitous path; not a direct download.

Drach

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Okay, thanks for your input. I'll try to give them a call next week and work this out. Unfortunately, today I am not at home and do not have the time to call the tech-support.