Crossfire problem with my new SSD?!?!

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this. Anyways, on with the issue. So I have a decent setup that has been getting me by. It is as follows:

Asus M5A97 motherboard
AMD FX 4100 3.6ghz quadcore cpu
16gb (4 x 4gb) corsair vengeance ddr 3 ram
2 XFX Radeon 6770 1gb gddr5 850mhz gpu's
750W OCZ psu with 12v rail
standard dvd rw drive
120gb OCZ Agility 3 ssd

Now before I had the OCZ ssd I had a WD 500gb Caviar Blue hdd. It worked fine, but the other day it started to notify me of bad sectors. So I purchased the ssd off of newegg and when the ssd got here i installed it. I removed the 500gb hdd and used just the ssd. I am waiting for my 3tb external to get here for all of my media. However the problem i am having is whenever i install the drivers for my video cards I get a blue screen of death which is so magnified I can't find an error code on it. It ONLY happens when I have both cards installed. If I remove the second card, everything runs fine. I am a little confused on the topic and I hope someone can help me out. Thank you again for reading and any information would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have moderate computer knowledge and access to Google so please be as technical as you need to. Thanks! ^_^
4 answers Last reply
More about crossfire problem
  1. Boot into safe mode and uninstall all drivers, then re-install the drivers. (AMD might have separate crossfire drivers, I'm not positive.)
  2. search for blue screen view, download it, install it, and it'll tell you the code for the BSOD. I'm guessing there's probably a good chance it's the video drivers fault, but it could be RAM, or drivers for something else, like sound, usb 3.0 etc. It'd be good to know that now.

I also assume that you reinstalled Windows on the SSD and didn't clone the driver correct?
  3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, as well as Windows. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. If I have just the one card in and install the drivers I'm fine. But if I have them both in and install the drivers I get screwed. I also tried to install the drivers with one card in and then I shut down, installed the second card and booted up only to boot into a BSoD.
  4. Everything works normal without the second card installed. It's weird.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SSD Graphics