Sign in with
Your question

Crossfire problem with my new SSD?!?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 31, 2013 9:32:08 PM

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this. Anyways, on with the issue. So I have a decent setup that has been getting me by. It is as follows:

Asus M5A97 motherboard
AMD FX 4100 3.6ghz quadcore cpu
16gb (4 x 4gb) corsair vengeance ddr 3 ram
2 XFX Radeon 6770 1gb gddr5 850mhz gpu's
750W OCZ psu with 12v rail
standard dvd rw drive
120gb OCZ Agility 3 ssd

Now before I had the OCZ ssd I had a WD 500gb Caviar Blue hdd. It worked fine, but the other day it started to notify me of bad sectors. So I purchased the ssd off of newegg and when the ssd got here i installed it. I removed the 500gb hdd and used just the ssd. I am waiting for my 3tb external to get here for all of my media. However the problem i am having is whenever i install the drivers for my video cards I get a blue screen of death which is so magnified I can't find an error code on it. It ONLY happens when I have both cards installed. If I remove the second card, everything runs fine. I am a little confused on the topic and I hope someone can help me out. Thank you again for reading and any information would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have moderate computer knowledge and access to Google so please be as technical as you need to. Thanks! ^_^

More about : crossfire problem ssd

a c 87 U Graphics card
January 31, 2013 9:41:22 PM

Boot into safe mode and uninstall all drivers, then re-install the drivers. (AMD might have separate crossfire drivers, I'm not positive.)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2013 9:43:54 PM

search for blue screen view, download it, install it, and it'll tell you the code for the BSOD. I'm guessing there's probably a good chance it's the video drivers fault, but it could be RAM, or drivers for something else, like sound, usb 3.0 etc. It'd be good to know that now.

I also assume that you reinstalled Windows on the SSD and didn't clone the driver correct?
m
l
Related resources
January 31, 2013 9:47:39 PM

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, as well as Windows. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. If I have just the one card in and install the drivers I'm fine. But if I have them both in and install the drivers I get screwed. I also tried to install the drivers with one card in and then I shut down, installed the second card and booted up only to boot into a BSoD.
m
l
February 1, 2013 12:14:34 AM

Everything works normal without the second card installed. It's weird.
m
l
!