POST not showing

Toxicbiz

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Hi I just finished building my first computer and every thing seems to be working but I cant see the POST screen at all. I've taken it all apart and made sure everything was right and it is. My motherboard does not have a display out so I am using the graphics cards HDMI to my tv.

My build has
Cpu: AMD 8 core fx-8120
Gpu: gigabyte amd radeon hd 7850
Motherboard: asrock 970 extreme3 970 am3+

Please help!

Toxicbiz

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
That sounds like a good idea. I wont be able to try that till tomorrow I'll have to go get a monitor that has one my old one has a different port I think vga...

Hello... Do you have Power hooked up to your Video card? Do you see all fans start to spin, CPU/GPU/CASE, when you hit the case power button?
Looking at your first Post, no ram is Listed, Do you have RAM sticks installed?
Do you have a power supply hooked up to your motherboard and CPU connector on the motherboard?
Do you have your CPU/FAN connected to your CPU/FAN connector on the motherboard?
What is your previous experience with computer repair/upgrading/building?

Toxicbiz

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
I have no previous experience with computer building this was my first one . I do have one stick of G.skill ddr3 8gb of ram installed. All of the fans including cpu/gpu/case fans work as well as the optical drive and front power lights. I have triple check all power cords.

Hello... Can you borrow/use another Video card? Can you use/borrow a standard computer monitor?

What are your TV/brand/Model specs? Have you ever Hooked a computer to your TV before this? Have you got the TV on the right HDMI input and settings for that input?

This sounds similar... http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/312477-30-asrock-extreme-problem

If the Above ideas don't help you... re-post with your Motherboard and CPU info, also search the forum for people that had similar problems solved, for more experienced help in those areas... Best of Luck.