  • Nokia
  • Software
Last response: in Brands
August 17, 2005 2:42:49 PM

I have software version 3.40 and my message alert tones are always very
quiet.

Are they any work arounds for this, is there an upgrade out that will
fix it?

Cheers,

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

More about : 6230i message alert tone

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:21:13 PM

Marc,

Have you tried assigning a different tone (not the standard Nokia tones, but
a RINGTONE?)

I have the KillBill Whistle, and is really quite loud.

Good luck

"Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote in message
> I have software version 3.40 and my message alert tones are always very
> quiet.
>
> Are they any work arounds for this, is there an upgrade out that will
> fix it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Marc
> Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..
August 18, 2005 1:58:06 AM

KevinX wrote:
> Marc,
>
> Have you tried assigning a different tone (not the standard Nokia tones, but
> a RINGTONE?)
>
> I have the KillBill Whistle, and is really quite loud.
>
> Good luck

Hi Kevin,

That works because the ringtone gradually gets lounder and lounder. A
work around not exactly a fix, (i kinda like the "special" beeps!) how
on earth could Nokia let the phone ship with such a big problem??

cheers anyway,

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:52:52 AM

KevinX wrote:

> I have the KillBill Whistle, and is really quite loud.

If it's the sound I think it is, this is "Woo Hoo" by the 5-6-7-8's.

--
Fascism: Concentrated private control of wealth, control of
information, massive investment/manufacture of arms and military

"how on earth could Nokia let the phone ship with such a big problem??"

Come On, Marc.. That IS Nokia's trade mark?? ;-)

> KevinX wrote:
> > Marc,
> >
> > Have you tried assigning a different tone (not the standard Nokia tones,
but
> > a RINGTONE?)
> >
> > I have the KillBill Whistle, and is really quite loud.
> >
> > Good luck
>
> Hi Kevin,
>

> That works because the ringtone gradually gets lounder and lounder. A
> work around not exactly a fix, (i kinda like the "special" beeps!) how
> on earth could Nokia let the phone ship with such a big problem??
>
> cheers anyway,
>
> --
> Marc
> Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 5:33:08 PM

Marc skrev:

> I have software version 3.40 and my message alert tones are always very
> quiet.

Mine are very high. At least when I select a "ring tone" as message
tone (had to "normailize" my MP3 message tone down by 50% - too loud)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605