6230i Message alert tone

I have software version 3.40 and my message alert tones are always very
quiet.

Are they any work arounds for this, is there an upgrade out that will
fix it?

Cheers,

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

    Marc,

    Have you tried assigning a different tone (not the standard Nokia tones, but
    a RINGTONE?)

    I have the KillBill Whistle, and is really quite loud.

    Good luck

    KevinX wrote:
    > Marc,
    >
    > Have you tried assigning a different tone (not the standard Nokia tones, but
    > a RINGTONE?)
    >
    > I have the KillBill Whistle, and is really quite loud.
    >
    > Good luck

    Hi Kevin,

    That works because the ringtone gradually gets lounder and lounder. A
    work around not exactly a fix, (i kinda like the "special" beeps!) how
    on earth could Nokia let the phone ship with such a big problem??

    cheers anyway,

    --

    KevinX wrote:

    > I have the KillBill Whistle, and is really quite loud.

    If it's the sound I think it is, this is "Woo Hoo" by the 5-6-7-8's.

    --
    Fascism: Concentrated private control of wealth, control of
    information, massive investment/manufacture of arms and military

    "how on earth could Nokia let the phone ship with such a big problem??"

    Come On, Marc.. That IS Nokia's trade mark?? ;-)

    Marc skrev:

    > I have software version 3.40 and my message alert tones are always very
    > quiet.

    Mine are very high. At least when I select a "ring tone" as message
    tone (had to "normailize" my MP3 message tone down by 50% - too loud)

    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605

Nokia Software