Amd radeon 7450 plus intel hd3000

adexblue

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hello,
pls i bought a dell N4050 notebook which came with graphics card intel hd 3000 plus amd radeon 7450. please i want to know if both graphics card will work together or one will have to be deactivated? please shed more light and also the switchable graphics idea. thanks

They will not work together. Your laptop does switch between them. The hd 3000 will be used for anything that doesn't use much graphics power. If you play a game or anything gpu intensive then it'll switch to the 7450m. It does this automatically. If there is an issue then you can manually switch it by right clicking your desktop and go to configure switchable graphics. There should also be an option in catalyst control center.

blur37

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
well ,if YOU WANT THE ATI , use the catalyst from the laptop ( i have the same model ) launch catalyst go to power,switchable graphics method, select the 2nd option , ( i think it will restart ) , set the pc battery to max performance , then go back to catalyst , power,switchable graphics set the
intel to power saving , set the amd to high performance , but i wont recommend it , in my laptop it could make random shutdowns while playing games