NO AMD Graphics Driver is installed or the AMD Driver is not functioni

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
hey guys I get this in one of my systems.

NO AMD Graphics Driver is installed or the AMD Driver is not functioning properly.
please install the amd driver appropriate to your AMD hardware.

on a 7850, was using 12.11 then updated it to 13.1 and i get that problem. this are the things I did.

uninstall program>amd ccc>reboot on safe mode>driver cleaner pro>manually delete amd and ati files>regedit removed all amd and ati>reboot normal> CCleaner>fix all registry>installed 12.11 (same thing and i did the whole thing again when i was trying to reinstall 13.1 and 13.2)

anyone can help me with this>

btw this is on a lga2011 system 3930k x79mobo gd65 8d

the gpu can be detected by gpu-z but not on dxdiag. and when i install the drivers i get these errors.
AMD Display DriverFinal Status: Fail
Version of Item: 9.012.0.0000
Size: 90 Mbytes

HDMI Audio DriverFinal Status: Fail
Version of Item: 7.12.0.7712
Size: 1 Mbytes

was looking through the net but having a hard time getting a solution.

tried to uninstall it on device manager but it didn't work, it didn't detect it anymore even when i tried to install the drivers.

edit: using windows 7 btw msi x79a gd65 8d. I tried resitting the gpu and cleaned the pci-e slot while I'm at it.

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
sorry for double post but it's amazing with 33 views and 0 reply.

still the same thing. was looking through google and some fix came out but it didn't work. anyone else got any info?????????

tested all these drivers.
testedallthesedrivers_zpsabcc99ab.png

this is what's showing on device manager.
devicemanager_zps1329da1e.png

system, used.

systemused_zpsc242dd5c.png

so far I've never experienced this on my other system and even when i placed other gpu there like the 560ti 580 570, 7970, 7950 7750. seems just something wrong with that so I was thinking of fixing it.

anyone else got any way to fix this?

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
If the "device manager" picture is correct then it looks like you might have pooched the registry....
But not 100% sure...
You can try a restore to before you did all that...and see if you can get back to normal...

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
well the last 3 restore I had was just today, this happened on jan 29. been searching around for ways to fix it. and wasn't able to save a restore point before this happened.

still got no fix yet as of now TT_____TT

9:11pm gmt+8 still no fix yet TT_____TT :fou:

longus55

Honorable
May 4, 2013

Hi, I know it's been a while but did you figure it out? Had the same prob last night, after booting up a previously fine pc. Removed the card (HD 7750), used the AMD cleaner tool, used ccleaner, reinstalled card and tried to reinstall drivers. No go, card not even in device manager. Swapped card for a GTX 550 Ti to test PCI, all good. Did a second registry clean, swapped cards again. Now it was all good. Installed drivers and the whole system is running on HDTV through HDMI again. Weird, eh?

All bad again next day. Really messed up registry. Only solution: backup, wipe, fresh install :-(

Cheers,
longus