Old Inspiron 620S with 2 vidcard sitting around... will they work?

TJayT

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I have a couple of identical Inspiron 620S (small form factor, TFW 250w PSU) I got from the office. I want to throw a new vidcard in one and have these two just sitting around, brand new/unused. Both are low profile.

■NVIDIA GeForce 210 GPU 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 SDRAM Memory Low profile Graphic Card (Model: 01G-P3-1312-LR)
■NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS GPU 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 Memory Low Profile Ready Video Card (Model: 01G-P3-1302-LR)

Will either of these work? If so, which one's the best choice?

I've read a good number of posts where cards are recommended to 620S owners. I'd take them up on the advice given, but again, I've got these two cards laying around. I don't play many graphically-intense games (just some strat/war games that aren't grfx heavy) and the 620S would be for general use, vids, surfing, yadda.

If needed, specs on the 620S's:

CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10Ghz (SB 32nm)
RAM: 4GB dual-chan DDR3 @ 665MGz
Graphics: onboard Intel HD Graphics Family
HD: 500GB Seagate ST3500413AS (SATA-III)
PSU: 250 Watt TFX12V

Thanks for any opinions!

TJayT

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
kisianik:

Actually, I posted a smaller variant of the question in the Graphics Cards section since I surmised the first post was over-complicated and would likely be buried many pages in very soon. Thus, I figured an answer was likely un-forthcoming, so I posted a more concise version here. As luck would have it -- within 24 hours, both topics were posted to. :)

But before I go on and on in defense of the posts, I did want to thank you for your absolutely perfect reply to every single question I had in my original post. Again, I thought it would just drift away, but I had all the answers I needed by your very nice reply.

Much obliged and hope there was no harm done with the singular graphics card request in this particular thread.