Wireless driver for VAIO PCG-TR3A

josiah720

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Hello, I just re installed an XP Pro on my VAIO PCG-TR3A, when i tried to re install the wireless network driver, after the installation i get a BSOD (Blue screen of death). is there any other way to get the drivers for this system ? plz help.

josiah720

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012

It says its "not intended for use with your computer model"

yogaman

Distinguished
May 8, 2012

I'm struggling with a new (used) TR3A network connection, too, although I still using XP Home.

On my old TR3A, Microsoft's SP2 (WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe) plus WPA2 upgrade (WindowsXP-KB893357-v2-x86-ENU.exe) plus Intel's updated 220BG driver (ICS_Dx32.exe) plus Microsoft's SP3 (WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe) in that order enabled that computer to connect to my wireless router with WPA2-PSK & AES security settings.

On the new TR3A, that sequence of software installation only allows connection to an Open Wi-Fi network. (Yes, I've carefully checked the security code multiple times.) The new TR3A sees the local networks and can tell what security protocol they're running, but attempting to Connect yields only a 'Please wait while Windows connects to the '<MYNETWORK>' network. Waiting for the network...' message until it times out.

One difference I've noticed between old and new TR3As is that old hardware is rev 5.1.1; new is rev 5.1.3. (Both are using Ad Hoc Channel 11.)

Are there diagnostics that can tell me what step of the handshake is failing? Other clues/hints?