Networking Question

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
January 25, 2005 12:07:39 AM

How hard is it to add networking to a 5504 so I can get missing TV
episodes?

More about : networking question

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 12:21:07 AM

From what I've read, it can be done but only till the next update, which
makes it impractical. Better off buying a 5000 series on ebay. You'll
appreciate the Commercial Advance feature too.

From:D ave
drcarson@sbcglobal.net

> How hard is it to add networking to a 5504 so I can get missing TV
> episodes?
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:44:20 AM

Dave wrote:
> How hard is it to add networking to a 5504 so I can get missing TV
> episodes?

I"m about to do it.. The easy way (Won a 5040 on E-bay and should get it
either end of this week or next)

That is the best way, since teh 50 and 55's can talk to each other.

Need more than a 40 though for the wife, she's farther behind in TV
watching than I am.
January 25, 2005 1:58:23 PM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 04:44:20 GMT, John in Detroit
<Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Dave wrote:
>> How hard is it to add networking to a 5504 so I can get missing TV
>> episodes?
>>

>I"m about to do it.. The easy way (Won a 5040 on E-bay and should get it
>either end of this week or next)
>
>That is the best way, since teh 50 and 55's can talk to each other.
>
>Need more than a 40 though for the wife, she's farther behind in TV
>watching than I am.

I was going to upgrade my Replay (I already had a 250GB drive to put
in), but never did. It was too easy to use DVArchive. That drive is
now in my newest computer.

--
Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx

January 26, 2005 2:33:53 AM

Mark Lloyd wrote:

> Also, the DVA data can get corrupted. Removing/Reinstalling DVA (even
> with Java too) will not correct it. You need to delete the
> configuration files. These are XML files with names beginning with
> "DVA". Search for them.

Ah, thanks very much. Deleting the xml files did the trick.
!