Neighbor's wireless not showing up so I can't delete it

sunshinemdg

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Hello,
I have a wireless PC laptop and a router that works fine. When I change rooms, there's competition from my neighbor's router and I want to remove it. When I "view wireless networks" I see their connection. When I go to "change the order of preferred networks" (hoping to delete it from there) it doesn't show up. If I go to "change advanced settings" I end up in the same place not showing the neighbor's wireless. Can you give me steps on removing them?

sunshinemdg

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Following these steps, the neighbors wireless names do not show up in the window where I can delete them. However, when I click on "view wireless networks", they show up in the "choose wireless network" window.

Other networks your compputer can "see" aren't taking over from your own signal but if you think they're interfering with your connection, go into your own router's settings and try changing channels to move away from theirs. Change the computer's network adapter settings in line with any alterations you make.

That won't stoip you seein gin the list of available networks either but it may give you a clearer signal, which is your actual problem.

sunshinemdg

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012

thanks for the info! I'll try it!