OK Computer folks....

Last response: in Home Audio
July 27, 2004 3:40:20 PM

Here's a strange one.

I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook, with windows
XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy. When the computer is really
working, like loading programs etc, the audio cleans up.

Any Ideas?

Chad

More about : computer folks

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 12:10:38 PM

"Chad Wahls" <cwahls@uiuc.edu> wrote in message
> Here's a strange one.
>
> I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook, with
> windows XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy. When the
> computer is really working, like loading programs etc, the audio
> cleans up.

Try to cut back on programs that are loaded at boot time with MSCONFIG.
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 4:09:53 PM

Chad Wahls wrote:

> Here's a strange one.
>
> I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook, with windows
> XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy. When the computer is really
> working, like loading programs etc, the audio cleans up.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Chad

Chad,
Try going into the performance options/advanced and set it to give more
time to background services, as opposed to programs, and set the
appearance settings to best performance.
Good Luck,
Paul
July 29, 2004 12:41:17 AM

Chad Wahls wrote:
> Here's a strange one.
>
> I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook, with
> windows XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy. When the
> computer is really working, like loading programs etc, the audio
> cleans up.
>
> Any Ideas?

Sounds pretty bizarre . Tried updating BIOS and drivers ? Temp disabling
power-saving schemes ?

geoff
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 10:20:50 AM

Chad Wahls wrote:

> Here's a strange one.

Agreed.

> I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook,
> with windows XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy.
> When the computer is really working, like loading programs etc,
> the audio cleans up.

> Any Ideas?

sharemem graphics-card and opengl screen-saver? - just to concoct an
imagined worst case based on opengl screensavers NOT being the
recommended ones to have running on a server.

Is it setup for foreground programme or for background services,
whatever is chosen, try the other!

> Chad

kind regards

Peter Larsen

July 29, 2004 11:48:44 PM

Arny Krueger wrote:

> "Chad Wahls" <cwahls@uiuc.edu> wrote in message

> > Here's a strange one.

> > I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook, with
> > windows XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy. When the
> > computer is really working, like loading programs etc, the audio
> > cleans up.

> Try to cut back on programs that are loaded at boot time with MSCONFIG.

Indexing service?

July 31, 2004 3:32:57 AM

"Peter Larsen" <SPAMSHIELD_plarsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message
> Arny Krueger wrote:
> > Try to cut back on programs that are loaded at boot time with MSCONFIG.
>
> Indexing service?

That's the first thing that should go.

TonyP.
!