Graphics Card Question

Summerof87

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
So I'm currently in the process of having a local shop build my gaming rig for me. I sent them over a list I made on pcpartpicker, which had an EVGA 670 FTW edition video card in the list. It's the card I wanted, but they don't have that particular card carried in their shop so they switched it for an ASUS GTX670-DC2-4GD5 card.

The ASUS has a core clock of 915MHZ while the EVGA has a core clock of 1.01GHZ which is where my questions comes in. Which card gives me more bang for my buck?

I'm sort of clueless when it comes to the MHZ/GHZ factor of video cards. I'll also only be using one monitor, POSSIBLY two in the future depending on a few factors.

Thanks for all the help,
Kyle

omaroma11

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Evga is always really good with warranties and customer support however the asus is cheaper and has a better cooler so

1 if your gonna oc then go for the asus
2 if not go for the few

personally I would say the asus is a better value though
hope I helped

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
The Asus card is a 4GB card. you dont need it unless you are doing 3 monitors. And since you dont know much about MHz/GHz then i assume that you will not overclock. Hence i recommend to you the EVGA GTX 670 FTW. It also helps in reducing case temps and it exhausts air only out the back of the case...

Summerof87

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, I wont be doing any sort of overclocking. I think I'll go with the EVGA 670 FTW for my new rig. Hopefully the shop can order it in for me since they seem to be pushing the ASUS products on me. haha

Thanks for the help gentlemen, I appreciate it
Kyle

TRENDING THREADS