Sign in with
Your question

Questions about installing drivers + AMD CAP

February 1, 2013 5:26:57 PM

I'd like to know how one properly installs AMD drivers. I had Catalyst Software Suite 13.1 and I just installed 13.2 Beta 4 (something like that). What I did was remove all AMD drivers first via the Catalyst menus, and then I rebooted, installed the drivers I wanted, and then rebooted again. I've been doing things that way. Is this the proper way to do it? I figured I should ask. I'm kind of new to PC gaming. I didn't start PC gaming until 2010. I thought I should ask because maybe I'm missing a step in the process, or maybe I don't have to uninstall drivers first. I don't know. It is good to ask.

Also, I'd like to know about the AMD Catalyst Application Profiles. Is it recommended to install those? After I uninstalled AMD software and after I put 13.2 Beta onto my system, I tried to put CAP on my system, and the setup process was different than when I put it on my system a few days ago. It was asking about modifying, repairing, or replacing files or something like that. I decided not to touch anything with it and decided to ask questions here.

Lol, as you can see, I don't really know what I'm doing with graphics drivers. So far, I've never screwed up my PCs, but I think it is time I learn some more about these things so that I don't end up messing up software on one of my PCs. :sweat: 
!