Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cheapest upgrade from a 570(Nvidia only)?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 1, 2013 5:49:04 PM

Hi,
Does anyone know what would be the cheapest upgrade from a 570 to another Nvidia card(not AMD)? And can you please post a link to some benchmark with both the 570 and the card you suggested?
February 1, 2013 5:51:58 PM

Since you already have a 570, and you use the word "Cheap", I would just stick to what you have. a 680 is like $500.
Related resources
February 1, 2013 6:03:51 PM

660ti is a very very good card i can say that much, nothing but impressed with mine delivers good frame rates in every game ive wanted to play. I also haven't had one driver problem with mine.A 660ti is a 670 with a 192bit memory bus.
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2013 6:05:17 PM

Second GTX570, probably.

a c 109 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 1, 2013 6:18:22 PM

The 660 ti has more cuda cores, texture units and rops, overall it's better than the 660 gtx and it's worth the extra, the 580 is more expensive and the 660 ti is better.
February 1, 2013 6:20:53 PM

djangoringo said:
The 660 ti has more cuda cores, texture units and rops, overall it's better than the 660 gtx and it's worth the extra, the 580 is more expensive and the 660 ti is better.







Ok, But wouldn't a 660 still be cheaper and better than a 570?
February 1, 2013 6:25:25 PM

There is no point in upgrading a 570...at all. I have one, and it plays Crysis 3 on ultra with AA off with stable 35 FPS. I'll just buy Titan when it comes out, because Kepler isn't an upgrade for Fermi. You don't get a major performance increase.

Also, upgrading a 570 to 580? What? Are you sane? I think it's like 5 FPS increase tops!

Tl;Dr- Wait for next-gen and GK 110.
Spoken from close experience: My friend had a 570. He jumped for the 680 soon as it came out...2 weeks later he says it's just wasted money unless you're a benchmark freak.
February 1, 2013 6:27:56 PM

Even if the 660 was better than the 570 and cheaper than the 660ti its not worth it when the 660ti is only a bit more for alot more performance per dollar.
February 1, 2013 6:33:40 PM

robthatguyx said:
Even if the 660 was better than the 570 and cheaper than the 660ti its not worth it when the 660ti is only a bit more for alot more performance per dollar.






Ok, Thanks!
a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2013 6:37:09 PM

bolitebriga said:
There is no point in upgrading a 570...at all. I have one, and it plays Crysis 3 on ultra with AA off with stable 35 FPS. I'll just buy Titan when it comes out, because Kepler isn't an upgrade for Fermi. You don't get a major performance increase.

Also, upgrading a 570 to 580? What? Are you sane? I think it's like 5 FPS increase tops!

Tl;Dr- Wait for next-gen and GK 110.
Spoken from close experience: My friend had a 570. He jumped for the 680 soon as it came out...2 weeks later he says it's just wasted money unless you're a benchmark freak.


The Crysis 3 Multiplayer Beta is missing alot of the effects that singleplayer will have. They can't put everything into a beta, just showcase the general game. Plus 1.2 GB probably won't be enough. GK 110 will be very expensive too..

upgrading to a 660 imo won't be a huge leap, as its roughly equal to a 580, so you won't see a huge boost there. You would probably be looking at something like a 660ti or 670 to see benefits, or just wait for next gen.
a c 141 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 1, 2013 11:17:34 PM

I'd say just wait until next gen, or get a second 570 for SLI if you really want an upgrade right now. To get a really worthwhile upgrade from the 570, you'd need to spend around $400 for a GTX 670 at minimum. The 660 and 660Ti aren't that much faster than your 570, and aren't worth dropping $220 or $300 respectively for a 15% performance gain at best.
February 3, 2013 3:01:33 AM

670 best bet for your money but i wouldn't waste your money wait for 7xx or the new Gk110 Card that is were you will see the most improvement. I have 2 rigs with both 570 and a 670 in them and to be honest like mentioned above unless your a bench freak the 570 is more then good enough for any game thats out right now as long as your gaming at 1080p
!