Texture problem in a lot of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

josecrazy

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hi.

Like 3 months ago i bought a new pc and im having this weird problem with the textures in almost every game, after playing 10 min to 2 hours some textures go crazy. I dont know what to do, my whole pc is new. (Yes, i have the drivers updated)

Pic of the problem in devil may cry:

http://i.imgur.com/AIMGdOQ.jpg

My system specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770.
GPU: MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr ii 2gb.
RAM: 8gb 1600mhz
PSU: Antec truepower 750W
MB: MSI Z77A-GD55
120gb ssd, 1tb hdd.

Solution
That is called artifacting. There are several causes for this, it could be a driver related problem, in which case rolling back to an earlier driver revision may fix this.

It could also be that your graphics card is overheating. Download and run a program called HWMonitor, and keep it running in the background, it will record the temperatures of your various components. Post the maximum temperature your graphics card hits. If it is getting very hot, you may need to ensure that you have proper airflow in your case, that you have enough case fans, or you may need to set a more aggressive fan profile on your video card.

An unstable overclock can also cause artifacting, if you have overclocked your card, return it to default clocks and...
That is called artifacting. There are several causes for this, it could be a driver related problem, in which case rolling back to an earlier driver revision may fix this.

It could also be that your graphics card is overheating. Download and run a program called HWMonitor, and keep it running in the background, it will record the temperatures of your various components. Post the maximum temperature your graphics card hits. If it is getting very hot, you may need to ensure that you have proper airflow in your case, that you have enough case fans, or you may need to set a more aggressive fan profile on your video card.

An unstable overclock can also cause artifacting, if you have overclocked your card, return it to default clocks and see if the problem goes away. If it does, that means you will have to apply some more voltage to your card if you want to maintain your overclock.

Finally, if this problem persists across every driver revision, and your temperatures are acceptable, and this happens at stock clocks, you could simply have a defective card, in which case you'll have to RMA it for a replacement.

Solution

josecrazy

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Thanks for the answer, i have never overclocked this card, (Actually the card is new), i use msi afterburner and the temperatures are 60-70 C. while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.