Tungsten T2 on sale at CompUSA next week...what do you thi..

April 17, 2004 3:43:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I've been looking for a new Palm; have been "eyeing" the announced
specs on the new Tungsten E2.

Now this coming week's flyer for CompUSA shows the T2 on sale at $229
(including a wireless keyboard...not particularly useful to me). This
looks like the opportunity to buy a pretty high-spec'd model, before
new models come out.

Any reason I should delay?
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 7:01:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <us52805h7b0kfl6ivpg04coc0i8k884vgm@4ax.com>,
Gary <gary_w1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've been looking for a new Palm; have been "eyeing" the announced
> specs on the new Tungsten E2.
>
> Now this coming week's flyer for CompUSA shows the T2 on sale at $229
> (including a wireless keyboard...not particularly useful to me). This
> looks like the opportunity to buy a pretty high-spec'd model, before
> new models come out.

I liked my T2 for a couple of weeks, then the digitizer started getting
less and less sensitive especially near the top right. I now have to
push way too hard with the stylus to make it register. The digitizer
accuracy is also poor compared with my old IIIx. In the calendar of
Datebook, for example, the date selected is often the one below the one
I pressed. I have repeatedly recalibrated the digitizer with no
improvement.

Battery life is not great, but that's expected with backlight and a fast
processor. The speed, and the display quality, are attractive, but that
doesn't help if you can't enter info or select anything.

I'd send it back, but since it has not quit completely I very much doubt
that it would actually be repaired or replaced.
--
.... Al Quirt ... Ottawa Canada ...
.... Please remove anti-spam BIRD for email replies ...

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <HERONaquirt-01A6CF.15012019042004@news.bellglobal.com>,
Alan Quirt <HERONaquirt@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> In article <us52805h7b0kfl6ivpg04coc0i8k884vgm@4ax.com>,
> Gary <gary_w1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've been looking for a new Palm; have been "eyeing" the announced
> > specs on the new Tungsten E2.
> >
> > Now this coming week's flyer for CompUSA shows the T2 on sale at $229
> > (including a wireless keyboard...not particularly useful to me). This
> > looks like the opportunity to buy a pretty high-spec'd model, before
> > new models come out.
>
> I liked my T2 for a couple of weeks, then the digitizer started getting
> less and less sensitive especially near the top right. I now have to
> push way too hard with the stylus to make it register. The digitizer
> accuracy is also poor compared with my old IIIx. In the calendar of
> Datebook, for example, the date selected is often the one below the one
> I pressed. I have repeatedly recalibrated the digitizer with no
> improvement.
>
> Battery life is not great, but that's expected with backlight and a fast
> processor. The speed, and the display quality, are attractive, but that
> doesn't help if you can't enter info or select anything.
>
> I'd send it back, but since it has not quit completely I very much doubt
> that it would actually be repaired or replaced.

love my T2 it's fine for me. Everything is working. The other poster
should send his back before it does quit completley. i would. It's
great!!!
--
I am on a Mac G3 beige with sys 9.1 and 416 mb of RAM
Palm Tungsten t|2 user.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"Bro. Dan" <brocraig@yahoo.com> aszonygya:
:I am on a Mac G3 beige with sys 9.1 and 416 mb of RAM

No big deal. I have 2 beige Mac G3s [with OS X 10.2.8]. But I am curious how
you managed to get 416Mb of RAM? Is that a typo?

/Paul [pedit - LapTopHack - pToolSet - superFinderHack] [with a NeXT Cube too]
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 5:41:35 AM

Paul Nevai wrote:
> "Bro. Dan" <brocraig@yahoo.com> aszonygya:
> :I am on a Mac G3 beige with sys 9.1 and 416 mb of RAM
>
> No big deal. I have 2 beige Mac G3s [with OS X 10.2.8]. But I am curious how
> you managed to get 416Mb of RAM? Is that a typo?
>
> /Paul [pedit - LapTopHack - pToolSet - superFinderHack] [with a NeXT Cube too]
beige?
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 2:52:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <c63u7e$rhd$1@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>,
nevai@math.ohio-state.edu (Paul Nevai) wrote:

> "Bro. Dan" <brocraig@yahoo.com> aszonygya:
> :I am on a Mac G3 beige with sys 9.1 and 416 mb of RAM
>
> No big deal. I have 2 beige Mac G3s [with OS X 10.2.8]. But I am curious how
> you managed to get 416Mb of RAM? Is that a typo?
>
> /Paul [pedit - LapTopHack - pToolSet - superFinderHack] [with a NeXT Cube
> too]

Well, let's see. This is what the sys profiler says. I added the 128 and
the 256 later.

Memory overview
Disk cache: 8160K
Virtual memory: is off
Built-in memory: 416 MB
Location Size Memory type
J3 32 MB DIMM
J4 128 MB DIMM
J5 256 MB DIMM
Video memory: 2 MB
Backside L2 cache: 512K
--
I am on a Mac G3 beige with sys 9.1 and 416 mb of RAM
Palm Tungsten t|2 user.
Anonymous
May 9, 2004 12:51:02 AM

Himm wrote:

> Paul Nevai wrote:
>
>> "Bro. Dan" <brocraig@yahoo.com> aszonygya:
>> :I am on a Mac G3 beige with sys 9.1 and 416 mb of RAM

> beige?

Beige semitranslucent keyed keyboard model. Also called "Lombard" in
the Mac Powerbook line.
-- Josh (former owner of Beige Lombard)
!