Sign in with
Your question

Best suggestion for a monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 1, 2013 7:43:21 PM

So Im looking to buy a new monitor for my computer setup. I do have a few requirements however. I do alot of work at my computer programming and doing web design from my house so id like it to have HDMI PIP preferebly using 2 HDMI so i can watch tv while im working. I know that some sony's will do 1 HDMI and 1 (other component). I would like it to be around the 39-49 inch range and be somewhat reliable. Anybody got any suggestions on what to buy?

More about : suggestion monitor

a b C Monitor
February 1, 2013 7:52:36 PM

I would almost think that it would be maybe more beneficial for you to get a multi display setup. Like this. Obviously you could get different monitors but I believe this would be a more efficient way of going at it I would Imagine a screen within the 39-49 inch range would be expensive on the computer monitor end.

m
l
Related resources
February 1, 2013 8:46:17 PM

What are the pros and cons of using a lcd tv as a computer monitor?
m
l
a b C Monitor
February 1, 2013 8:59:39 PM

TV LCD: pro's Larger picture at a cheaper cost, cons: relatively slow response time in comparison which is more noticeable in games, and poor optimization for computer applications (not to say it can't be done).

Computer Monitor: pro's: Higher Quality Display for Gaming (normally), faster refresh rate. Optimized for computer applications. Con's: costs of a monitor is a bit higher then a TV LCD.
m
l
!