How do I set up dual monitors with my two current GPU's?

Kdude1707

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
I have a Gateway DX4860 and recently got a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 GPU and I already have a current integrated GPU. I have a monitor set up on my GTX GPU and I want to set up a second one on my Integrated GPU.

When I plugged my second monitor into my integrated GPU and tried to set it up, It wasn't recognized by my computer at all. I'm guessing that when I instaled the Nvidia driver, it overrided my intagrated GPU.

If you can help me then, Tjank you!

Solution
Some motherboards allow you to prioritize your video outputs in the bios. PCI-E>Onboard>USB> etc.,

Is there an issue with you setting up your 2nd monitor with your graphics card? You could just do it that way go into your resolution changes within windows and extend the desktop.
[flash=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/N8nMShuSfgI?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Some motherboards allow you to prioritize your video outputs in the bios. PCI-E>Onboard>USB> etc.,

Is there an issue with you setting up your 2nd monitor with your graphics card? You could just do it that way go into your resolution changes within windows and extend the desktop.
[flash=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/N8nMShuSfgI?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Solution

With windows 7 you can have many display adapters and drivers.
In your bios, you should be able to have both integrated and discrete enabled at the same time.
But, it is possible that the gateway has a bios that is limited.
Regardles, there is no impact to adding a second static display to your gaming monitor.
Go ahead and attach it there.

MC_K7

Distinguished
Your GTX 650 should have many outputs behind, can you plug both monitors on the card? This would simplify things a lot.

If it has a displayport you can also convert it to another format if you buy an adapter, like if you want both monitors to be DVI for example and your 650 only have 1 x DVI, 1 x VGA, 1 x displayport.

What are your available outputs on your GTX 650?

Kdude1707

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

There is a DVI and a VGA, although I only have two VGA cables and thats what my integrated GPU uses. I could go get a DVI but I wanted to see if this would work.

You have one DVI-D and one DVI-I and the DVI-I can be used with a vga adapter.
dvi-to-vga-adapter__34291_zoom.jpg

Kdude1707

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

This is a very newbie question, but when I entered my BIOS I couldn't find chipset nor the prioritization for startup, I beleive im using a sandy bridge motherboard... idk where to find the priorities. :??: