Sign in with
Your question

Noobie Question about Core Clock

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 1, 2013 9:12:48 PM

Hey guys,

So Im still learning about my graphics card and how everything is supposed to work. I have noticed that when I am playing league of legends my core clock will constantly go from the max 1100 mhz to the idle 300 up and down all game. Is this normal? I do notice that it will plateau for a short amount of time at 1100, which is telling me it just simply under load and is using the gpu to its fullest but why does it drop to 300 throughout the game? Is it just bc league isnt very graphic demanding? I notice my fps going from like 72 to 115 and 70 to 130 every second throughout the match also. I have the latest 13.2 beta installed correctly so everything is set up right. Maybe this is normal and im just over worrying like most noobs do.. but any thoughts?

Here is a picture of msi afterburner during a match

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
a c 141 U Graphics card
February 2, 2013 12:16:08 AM

This looks very similar to a driver problem I had with that exact card with Catalyst Version 12.7. One of the workarounds I used was I bumped up the core clock on the graphics card by 2MHz, that would cause the card to stay at maximum clocks when gaming, though I have no idea why.

Failing that, try rolling back to the previous driver revision, it shouldn't be doing that while running a game.
m
l
February 2, 2013 3:38:06 AM

I just tested it while playing farcry 3 and minecraft and it stayed at a stead 1100 mhz while in game. So i think it was doing that in LoL due to how my settings are ingame (LoL has all those options with fps caps ect..).
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2013 10:04:41 AM

If you are getting good fps, Don't worry.

LoL isn't much Demanding.
m
l
!