Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

*Any Game* has stopped working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 1, 2013 11:22:40 PM

I reset my computer about a week ago because my computer was getting much slower. Before the reset, games such as Tribes Ascend, Bioshock, Guild Wars 2, etc would run perfectly without any crashes. Now (after the reset), I can play some games for a few minutes and the game would then crash and say "*Game* has stopped working". I updated my drivers, searched for viruses, disk defragged and cleaned, registry defragged and cleaned, you name it, I probably did it. My card was overclocked before the reset, and now it is back to normal because of the reboot. Even if I do put the graphics card back to the overclocked it was before, the games would still crash. Also I have also updated my computer as well. Does anyone have any solutions?
Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit
8 GB Ram
AMD 8120 3.1 GHZ
HIS ATI HD 7850
2 TB Hard Drive

More about : game stopped working

February 2, 2013 12:33:20 AM

Did you have windows 7 previously or windows 8? Reinstall the drivers.
m
0
l
February 2, 2013 12:46:53 AM

make sure the mb chipset drivers are up to date and try using msi afterburner to turn the gpu fan up..it may be the gpu fan not spinging up to max speed to keep the card from over heating.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 2, 2013 2:00:54 AM

It is Windows 8, and I have all of the drivers installed. The fan is not the issue and I have tried to increase it and see if there is any change, still crashes.
m
0
l
February 2, 2013 5:31:36 AM

when you say reset did you reset the mb bios or format the hard drive and start clean???if you reset the bios..go back in and make sure sata ports set to achi and run cpu-z and check the cpu dram speed. (spd tab will tell you the rated speed for the ram).
most ram 1066/1333/1600. if you did a format and install of windows 8. start with boot disk of memtest see if you have bad stick of ram then run hardware monitor check the cpu/gpu temps and power supply voltages.
m
0
l
February 10, 2013 1:23:21 PM

I think that process is unnecessary. I feel like I am just missing a driver of some sort, but have no idea? Any other suggestions?
m
0
l
May 6, 2013 10:53:26 PM

i am having the same issue, i have windows 8. i5 3570k, gtx 650 ti boost sc, corsairs ram 8gb, ssd, 500gb wd blue, the games were working before with my gtx 650 ti than i got the ti boost sc and i dont know 15 min into a game it says game has stopped working!! :(  this sucks some 1 plz help
m
0
l
May 6, 2013 11:53:57 PM

Daniel Jaquez said:
i am having the same issue, i have windows 8. i5 3570k, gtx 650 ti boost sc, corsairs ram 8gb, ssd, 500gb wd blue, the games were working before with my gtx 650 ti than i got the ti boost sc and i dont know 15 min into a game it says game has stopped working!! :(  this sucks some 1 plz help


Sounds like there is problem with the graphics card, check it in another OC and report back
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 1:41:55 AM

Xttony said:
Daniel Jaquez said:
i am having the same issue, i have windows 8. i5 3570k, gtx 650 ti boost sc, corsairs ram 8gb, ssd, 500gb wd blue, the games were working before with my gtx 650 ti than i got the ti boost sc and i dont know 15 min into a game it says game has stopped working!! :(  this sucks some 1 plz help


Sounds like there is problem with the graphics card, check it in another OC and report back


it was my OC, i had the gpu clock offset at 98+ mem clock offset at 190+ using precision x but it was weird because some games wont crash at all some games take 30 min to crash tomb raider and bioshock infinite took like 10 min into game to crash and say game stopped working but it wouldn't inform me that my graphics card has crashed and recovered so i was confused (using a gtx 650 ti boost Superclocked) dayz would work fine with that overclock as well as borderlands 2 seems like my pirated games didnt like the overclock and my paid for games ran them better (thats weird) im fairly new to this, this is my 1st build so im learning. i must say i been learning quite fast. Anyhow i went into precision x restored gpu to default settings and ran games without a problem now i might over clock it just a little in a few days im going to run it at stock clock for awhile make sure ebverything is running good. i also just got this card like 3 days ago btw. any how if u guys have any advice on OC'ing my evga gtx 650 ti boost SC please enlighten me im trying to learn perhaps i over clock my i5 3570k next?

Setup
i5 3570k
MSI Z77A-G41
2x4gb Corsair vengeance ram
Samsung 120gb SSD 840 series
WD 500gb Blue HDD
H60 Water cooler
EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost Superclocked
6 Case fans 3 blue Leds
Nzxt Source 220

m
0
l
May 7, 2013 1:57:47 AM

Daniel Jaquez said:
10770578,0,468062 said:


it was my OC, i had the gpu clock offset at 98+ mem clock offset at 190+ using precision x but it was weird because some games wont crash at all some games take 30 min to crash tomb raider and bioshock infinite took like 10 min into game to crash and say game stopped working but it wouldn't inform me that my graphics card has crashed and recovered so i was confused (using a gtx 650 ti boost Superclocked) dayz would work fine with that overclock as well as borderlands 2 seems like my pirated games didnt like the overclock and my paid for games ran them better (thats weird) im fairly new to this, this is my 1st build so im learning. i must say i been learning quite fast. Anyhow i went into precision x restored gpu to default settings and ran games without a problem now i might over clock it just a little in a few days im going to run it at stock clock for awhile make sure ebverything is running good. i also just got this card like 3 days ago btw. any how if u guys have any advice on OC'ing my evga gtx 650 ti boost SC please enlighten me im trying to learn perhaps i over clock my i5 3570k next?

Setup
i5 3570k
MSI Z77A-G41
2x4gb Corsair vengeance ram
Samsung 120gb SSD 840 series
WD 500gb Blue HDD
H60 Water cooler
EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost Superclocked
6 Case fans 3 blue Leds
Nzxt Source 220

said:

I think the ti boost cards are already overclocked cards, and it is not wise to overclock them further. I know a lot of people say that nvidia 600 cards have high overclocking potential but most f the times they are talking about stock cards. Your card is first overclocked by nVidia then by card distributed/reseller(like EVGA, PNY, Gigabyte)
If you still want to overclock, it is better you buy a after market cooler like arctic accelero hybrid
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 2:22:06 AM

Xttony said:
Daniel Jaquez said:
10770578,0,468062 said:


it was my OC, i had the gpu clock offset at 98+ mem clock offset at 190+ using precision x but it was weird because some games wont crash at all some games take 30 min to crash tomb raider and bioshock infinite took like 10 min into game to crash and say game stopped working but it wouldn't inform me that my graphics card has crashed and recovered so i was confused (using a gtx 650 ti boost Superclocked) dayz would work fine with that overclock as well as borderlands 2 seems like my pirated games didnt like the overclock and my paid for games ran them better (thats weird) im fairly new to this, this is my 1st build so im learning. i must say i been learning quite fast. Anyhow i went into precision x restored gpu to default settings and ran games without a problem now i might over clock it just a little in a few days im going to run it at stock clock for awhile make sure ebverything is running good. i also just got this card like 3 days ago btw. any how if u guys have any advice on OC'ing my evga gtx 650 ti boost SC please enlighten me im trying to learn perhaps i over clock my i5 3570k next?

Setup
i5 3570k
MSI Z77A-G41
2x4gb Corsair vengeance ram
Samsung 120gb SSD 840 series
WD 500gb Blue HDD
H60 Water cooler
EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost Superclocked
6 Case fans 3 blue Leds
Nzxt Source 220

said:

I think the ti boost cards are already overclocked cards, and it is not wise to overclock them further. I know a lot of people say that nvidia 600 cards have high overclocking potential but most f the times they are talking about stock cards. Your card is first overclocked by nVidia then by card distributed/reseller(like EVGA, PNY, Gigabyte)
If you still want to overclock, it is better you buy a after market cooler like arctic accelero hybrid
said:


oh wow i didnt notice they made gpu water coolers, well i dont think i will be getting one of those anytime soon i think i will just try to do a minor overclock in a week or so if not just stay stock clock im happy with the card either way. thanks a lot for the help and advice my bro i appreciate it!! im glad i got this resolved :D 
m
0
l
May 10, 2013 2:19:41 AM

right click on the game exe file that is not working correctly and than left click on troubleshoot compatibility than choose try recommended settings than finally test the program.. this worked for me hope it helps.. i seen u still havnt chosen a solution so thought i'd tell u this incase no 1 else has mention this
m
0
l
!