Sign in with
Your question

Microstuttering on single GTX 670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 1, 2013 11:43:22 PM

So i have had my GTX 670 for a long time and ive had a microstuttering issue. Its very frustrating and although very subtle, ruins my gaming experience.

When i am getting 60 FPS, it only feels like 40-45. THe FPS counter stays at 60 nearly all the time, with occasional dips/ I have seen many posts on this but with 2 or more cards set up in SLI or CF but this is just a single card.

Is this issue fixable or do i need a new card?

SPECS:

i5 3570K, 8 gig ram, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Overclocked 2GB, Asrock z77 extreme4 mb, HX750 corsair PSU.
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2013 12:20:13 AM

turkeyrunner76 said:
So i have had my GTX 670 for a long time and ive had a microstuttering issue. Its very frustrating and although very subtle, ruins my gaming experience.

When i am getting 60 FPS, it only feels like 40-45. THe FPS counter stays at 60 nearly all the time, with occasional dips/ I have seen many posts on this but with 2 or more cards set up in SLI or CF but this is just a single card.

SPECS:

i5 3570K, 8 gig ram, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Overclocked 2GB, Asrock z77 extreme4 mb, HX750 corsair PSU.

You could download nvidiainspector, and frame limit to 73, 80, or 90.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_do...

Is it all games or a particular one?

m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2013 12:21:13 AM

are you overclocking the ram?
m
l
Related resources
a c 200 U Graphics card
February 2, 2013 12:24:05 AM

make sure your mb has all of the bios patches and check the ram speed with cpu-z.
also make sure you did not install that mvp software that bonds the onboard ipgpu with the gpu.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2013 12:36:31 AM

Odd man - ours are real similar and i've not seen that.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2013 12:59:11 AM

stutter happens..so what games are you playing exactly?
m
l
February 2, 2013 1:24:02 AM

turkeyrunner76 said:

SPECS:

Hello comrade! We have the same equipment. The problem is with your card's BIOS! It is plagued with inherent stability issues. I did not have microstuttering but I had major artifacts in a lot of games I played, even when not overclocked.

http://www.techpowerup.com/170032/GIGABYTE-Outs-Correct...

You need the VGA@BIOS utility from Gigabyte.

That should help you out, but it can be confusing. If you have any problems please message me and I'll be glad to help. Good luck! :bounce: 
m
l
February 2, 2013 3:41:05 AM

neon neophyte said:
are you overclocking the ram?

No, should i be? i did a system monitor when playing borderlands 2 and i found that the memory usage never went over 40% and the GPU was at around 50%. Could that be the problem?
m
l
February 2, 2013 3:42:35 AM

smorizio said:
make sure your mb has all of the bios patches and check the ram speed with cpu-z.
also make sure you did not install that mvp software that bonds the onboard ipgpu with the gpu.

The bios is up to date. I used Nvidia system monitor, and saw that in borlerlands 2, the memory usage never went over 40% and the GPU never went over 50%.

I had virtuMVP installed to test things, but i uninstalled it and disabled the onboard graphics in device manager.
m
l
February 2, 2013 3:57:06 AM

TheMadFapper said:
Hello comrade! We have the same equipment. The problem is with your card's BIOS! It is plagued with inherent stability issues. I did not have microstuttering but I had major artifacts in a lot of games I played, even when not overclocked.

http://www.techpowerup.com/170032/GIGABYTE-Outs-Correct...

You need the VGA@BIOS utility from Gigabyte.

That should help you out, but it can be confusing. If you have any problems please message me and I'll be glad to help. Good luck! :bounce: 

So i went onto the site and download the F4 one, since the F12 wasnt compatiable with my card or something. I updated the bios and there was a slight performance increase - there were times where 60 fps actually felt like it! During gameplay, the memory usage never went over 40% and the GPU never went over 50%. Ideas?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2013 4:07:56 AM

turkeyrunner76 said:
No, should i be? i did a system monitor when playing borderlands 2 and i found that the memory usage never went over 40% and the GPU was at around 50%. Could that be the problem?

no, but if you were, it could have been the problem
m
l
February 2, 2013 7:13:51 AM

so i did the Windows update (1 of 3) but i need to create a boot disk for the other ones.

All the guides on the internet are using a windows disk but none show me how to correctly format it so that its using the DOS or Instant flash as a boot.

Do you know how?
m
l
February 3, 2013 8:08:49 AM

smorizio said:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/?cat=Down...
did you install the newest 2.8 bios?? the z77 mb have lots of bug fixes.

so i did the Windows update (1 of 3) but i need to create a boot disk for the other ones.

All the guides on the internet are using a windows disk but none show me how to correctly format it so that its using the DOS or Instant flash as a boot.

Do you know how?
m
l
!