  • Connection
  • Email
Last response: in Brands
August 19, 2005 10:51:31 AM

Hello!

I have a problem with my 6230i mobile phone.

When I try ro retrieve my email posts from server my phone sais "Not enough
storage space left for new messages. The problem is, that my phone memory is
completely empty and when I try to connect to server it does not even
connect to GPRS or in any other way. GPRS connection for WAP works fine so
settings are ok. It show the message instantly as I push retrieve command.

Any idea what is wrong?

Tnx!

--
Bye
Martijn

More about : email retrieving problem 6230i

August 19, 2005 10:04:02 PM

By³ 19 sierpieñ (pi±tek) gdy o godz. 6:51 Martijn napisa³/a:

> Any idea what is wrong?

Hello,

have the same problem, the answer is: too many java games/apps in your
phone. Delete some of them and the e-mail should work ok.

--
Pozdrawiam, Bartek
2005-08-19 18:02:09

Martijn skrev:

> When I try ro retrieve my email posts from server my phone sais "Not enough
> storage space left for new messages. The problem is, that my phone memory is

Also get that from time to time. Havn't seen it with 3.40 firmware.

But what is worse. ALL e-mail you send is BASE64 coded. Even when
using plain ASCII as charset (UFT8 is default) it's unreadable on
simple mail clients (as a normal WAP mail client) due to BASE64.

Takes more bytes as well. Why on earth have they done that?
Not even Microsoft Outlook codes with BASE64 (they use 8bit)

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
> Takes more bytes as well. Why on earth have they done that?
> Not even Microsoft Outlook codes with BASE64 (they use 8bit)

And the setup is overly complicated!!!!!

Why on earth mix access point and email settings in the same screen? No
other operating system does this!!

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

Marc skrev:

> And the setup is overly complicated!!!!!
>
> Why on earth mix access point and email settings in the same screen? No
> other operating system does this!!

The "Telenor" setup (Telenor locked phone) didn't have an e-mail
setup, and automatic setup was only for Telenor Internet users :-(

So I had to create and setup e-mail profile by my own (using my ISP's
POP3 and Telenor's SMTP). Lucky I am a computer tech :-)

I miss an option to set default encoding (other that base64) and
default charset (it resets to UTF8 everytime you start a message)

--
!