I'm picking up a new graphics card for the up coming games such as Rome total war 2 and Crysis 3 so i want to be able to play these at 1080p reso or lower and ultra and if not that then at least very high settings. the Radeon 7950 3gb PCI 3.0, I wanted to know a couple questions
1) Can i crossfire with the Radeon 6750 1gb, thats the current card i have,i believe the PCI is 2.0, idk if that makes a difference, and yes i have check the AMD compatibility gfx chart but i didn't see it on there so i wanted to confirm if it can crossfire
2) If my the 6750 is PCI 2.0 does that mean my motherboard only accepts 2.0 or can it also accept 3.0?
3)If the 7950 can't crossfire with 6750, can i get another 6750 and do that? and if it is it even worth it and comparable to the 7950?
4) Is the 7950 a powerful enough card to play Crysis 3 on ultra and have a fluid amount of fps, ranging around something from 40-60 fps? (im playing the Crysis 3 beta right now, its out if you didn't know, on origin)
5) Is there a card better than the 7950, something close to that price? around 350$?
6) If i bought 2 7950's would that give me any sort of performance increase in games, because ive heard they sometimes can decrease performance or do nothing at all.
7) How do i find out if i can even use the 7950 on my motherboard?
8) If i did pick up 2 7950's i dont think my PSU would be able to handle 'em both so would i have to remove my case and get a bigger one or could i leave the side open and '"stuff" running out of it?
I can't think of anything else to ask...
Windows 7 premium
1.5 TB hdd
8gbs of ddr3 ~1600mhz
i7 2600k ~3.4ghz
ATI Radeon 6750
PSU I believe is 500 watts, might be more, i would have to open my case and that would require me to move some heavy objects around
(^^^I bought that exact computer without the bundle 850$ some more specs in there^^^)
I have a dxdiag file to i'll spoiler it so i don't take the page up.
Im sorry if i asked to much.
woops even with the spoiler the dxdiag took the entire page, can i attach small text documents to this site?