Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Hey i need help trying to decide on which card to get.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 2, 2013 7:43:34 AM

Hello,
well im currently interested in purchasing this......>http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Ex...

but im a little concerned on the factor of should i spend the extra hundred or not, Because i could settle with this card....>http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Ex...

from what i have read. The 7970 can oc to the same performance of the ghz edition. In all reality im really spending 388 for the ghz edition, and about 290 for the regular, and thats only because im going to be selling my 6950 that i purchased last year for 180 on ebay or something. I am only upgrading because i was under the impression that i purchased a pretty beast card until i tried to max bf3,max payne 3, and crysis 3 beta.... i soon found out that a 1 gig card is pretty trash i guess.. Oh and im currently not running a multi monitor setup right now, as im only using my hdtv for gaming which provides me 1080p gameplay. so any suggestions would be good guys/girls. and thanks ahead of time... sorry for the wall of text btw

More about : hey decide card

February 2, 2013 7:46:15 AM

oh and also... im on a i7 2700k, 650 watt psu, and 8 gigs of ram, and P67A-UD3-B3 is my motherboard model from gigabyte. now im not sure if that mobo is any good because i have no idea how to tell one mobo from the other
Score

Best solution

a c 186 U Graphics card
February 2, 2013 8:18:28 AM

Like most tech products, graphics cards are segmented by price. Expensive cards tend to be more capable; and less expensive ones usually offer lower performance, consume less power, and are smaller in size (and so fit into a greater range of PC cases).

The cards i would recommend are Sapphire's HD 7950 Vapor-X comes with a large dual-fan cooler that uses the company's famous vapor-chamber technology. On the Vapor-X you will also find a "Lethal Boost" button which switches to a second BIOS with higher clock speeds. With this BIOS, clocks are increased to 950 MHz GPU and 1250 MHz memory.
Pricing of the Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X is $330 which is a 10% premium. Also,MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks.That would be a solid choice for the price imo they currently are going for $389.99 a piece that doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks but it's up to you.
February 6, 2013 10:14:37 AM

Best answer selected by tdogg87.
Score
!