MP3 player drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a no-name mp3 player of a mate who bought it off Ebay. It's a
compulsion of mine to format harddrives when get them, which is what I did.
Problem is that in doing that the actual mp3 player software does not seem
to be included on the CD that came with the player. The player itself seems
good for a portable harddrive , but it's the ability to play songs I'm
after.

The CD came with three files only, they are:

smmd.inf
smmd.sys
smmdpdr.pdr

It's proving extremely hard to track down a manufacturer. Could anyone give
me any help on obtaining some generic software to help with this problem?

Regards.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:35:30 +1000, "atacca" <atacca1@tpg.com.au>
wrote:

>Got a no-name mp3 player of a mate who bought it off Ebay. It's a
>compulsion of mine to format harddrives when get them, which is what I did.
>Problem is that in doing that the actual mp3 player software does not seem
>to be included on the CD that came with the player. The player itself seems
>good for a portable harddrive , but it's the ability to play songs I'm
>after.
>
>The CD came with three files only, they are:
>
>smmd.inf
>smmd.sys
>smmdpdr.pdr
>
>It's proving extremely hard to track down a manufacturer. Could anyone give
>me any help on obtaining some generic software to help with this problem?
>
>Regards.

What you have there is a Sunplus Multimedia Player. Can't help with
the files, but that may be a step along the way.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

Thanks, will follow that lead.

> What you have there is a Sunplus Multimedia Player. Can't help with
> the files, but that may be a step along the way.

> Pearce Consulting
> http://www.pearce.uk.com

i also have the same problem...i got this mp3 player for my son for xmas
and now he is really upset that we cant get it to install in the
comp...PLEASE HELP...Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS