/ Sign-up
Your question


  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • HDMI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
February 2, 2013 10:44:56 AM

I have a graphics card with hdmi slot and a monitor wich only has a dvi socket. Can I use an adaptor on the monitor and then use a hdmi cable to connect the two and will it be full 1080p .

More about : connections

February 2, 2013 11:36:29 AM

Yes you can. Make sure you get an adapter with HDMI audio Through if you want the sound to go to your TV as well. Not all DVI-HDMI adapters allow HDMI Audio through!
February 2, 2013 11:55:04 AM

Thank you only I realised after that I only have a monitor with a res of 1680 x 1050 so I won't get the full 1080p anyway. Thanks anyway.