GIGABYTE GV-R797OC-3GD Radeon HD 7970 not enabled at system start

kewldallas

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Hello,

I just built a new gaming pc and I would say it is rather Kick-a@@. But I do seem to be running into an issue when the system is powered on. I have two GIGABYTE GV-R797OC-3GD Radeon HD 7970 CrossFireX connected. I have a habit of checking device manager each time I power up and more so due to the fact that one GIGABYTE GV-R797OC-3GD Radeon HD 7970 shows as having an issue. All I do is diable that card and reenable. It then seems to be functional at that point. So my questions are:

1. Does anyone else have this issue?
2. Does anyone know how to fix this problem

Thanks for your time and input

~j~

:D

kewldallas

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

I will try this weekend. Thanks for your input! I was thinking an answer was a lost cause even with all the experts here... :sol:

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
You don't state what operating system and considering that this video card utilizes the PCIe3.0 interface, earlier Oses other than Windows 8 will not recognize it and revert to PCIe 2.0 thus not giving you the full required action of the video card.

Also, you may want to consider whether your PSU is providing adquate power and whether there is excess allowance in the wattage for heavy usage.

If your motherboard does not support PCIe 3.0 then that, too will severely impact on the video card.