Nforce4 ethernet drivers with 64-bit windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ln030921

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
Hello, I am now finally attempting to install 64-bit windows 7 beta but so far I encountered a problem regarding my ethernet driver.

I bought an HP 1540n which is currently a XP MC machine and it has an integrated Nvidia Ethernet lan driver. I'm guessing it's an nforce4 430/410 chipset. Now my problem is that Nvidia no longer supports this chipset on it's driver page, nor does it have a windows 7 driver for such an old chipset. However I have found 64-bit Vista versions of this driver.

Now I don't know much about Windows 7, but I heard they can run 64-bit Vista drivers- does that work for all Vista 64 drivers?

Thank you for your help

Solution
you should be able to use it for win7, you might have to alter the inf file changing amd64.nt.6.0 to amd65.nt.6.1 (or something like that, though, ive been drinking a little and its 1am)

ln030921

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
hmmmm odd. I have seem to uninstall my nvidia network controller, restarted, and now my internet still seems to work...

Update- Hey guys, it works, turns out I didn't need an ethernet driver, Windows 7 did mostly everything for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS