Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Will windows 8 be good for gaming?

Last response: in Windows 8
April 4, 2012 7:18:45 PM

Will windows 8 be ok for gaming ir wait intill later after a few patches? when it coes out?

More about : windows good gaming

Best solution

April 4, 2012 7:39:09 PM

Good for a phone or a tablet would be about it from what I've seen. MS would be hard pressed to ever have it pass for a gaming platform as it is obviously made for a moble device. Do yourself a big favor and stick with Win7 for gaming.
April 5, 2012 1:04:18 PM

price_th said:
Good for a phone or a tablet would be about it from what I've seen. MS would be hard pressed to ever have it pass for a gaming platform as it is obviously made for a moble device. Do yourself a big favor and stick with Win7 for gaming.

I was thinking the same thing..lol ..as far i seen it looks and feels like my windows phone ..wish sucks because it has so little aps on the market despite being a good phone os ..i think is faster someties than my wife's andriod ..lol ..if only people would make more games and aps for it ..ok sticking with Win7 ...
Score
Related resources
April 5, 2012 1:04:45 PM

Best answer selected by rglaredo.
Score
April 8, 2012 11:26:48 AM

It is supposed to feel like your phone at certain levels. The whole idea behind Win 8 is a uniform experience across a wide range of platforms. If MS does not succeed in this then someone like Apple will and Windows will become irrelevant. Obviously MS cannot afford for that to happen and we of the PC community cant either. When it comes to Win 8's ability to game that will depend heavily on its back end. When the game is played it becomes the front end so what Win 8 looks or feels like becomes irrelevant. I believe that Win 8 uses less resources than Win 7. I know it boots much faster. If it does use less resource then those on lower spec systems will likely see a benefit as more resource will be available to the game.
Score
April 8, 2012 11:39:01 AM

itll work as well as windows 7 id imagine

i prefer 7 over 8. i find myself struggling with basic tasks in windows 8

one thing to be said about windows 8 is that it is trying to usher in an age of touchscreens for desktops, whether or not it takes is yet to be seen. i know my monitor isnt touchscreen and wont be for at least some years
Score
April 11, 2012 7:01:07 PM

I have Steam with COD MW3 installed on a Win 8 rig and it works well.

Specs: Asus amd A3 mb with an Athlon II 445 with 4 cores enabled to 3.6 GHZ with 8 G DDR3 ram and 5770 video card.
Score
a c 405 4 Gaming
a b * Windows 8
April 12, 2012 10:42:34 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!