Need help deciding on a Monitor

Hey everyone,

Currently I have a 24" Samsung HD LED Syncmaster px2370. Beautiful monitor for the gaming that I do.

I have an itch though to do something different. I either want to simply add a 2nd monitor just for using so I dont need to tab out of gaming and for other uses... or I want to possibly upgrade to something bigger/better.

I have been looking at the 120hz monitors for a while and also 3d as well as 27".
My question is that I have seen mixed reviews on using 120hz/3d and the right video cards. I have a 660ti card. The games I play are:
GW2, BF3, FC3 and Batman AC... sometimes the Witcher2. As you can see I like a variety of games but mostly I play GW2. I've never been a big fan of 3d, I mean it's nice, just not needed.

So, what does everyone think? Also, my budget really is the under to low 300 range for a monitor.

Here is the rest of my system specs:

Geforce 660ti 2gb
i7 950 @ 3.07ghz
12gb pc1600 ram
650 watt psu
soundblaster xfi hi fid
Asus Sabertooth MB
3 answers Last reply
More about need deciding monitor
  1. 120Hz and 3D is something that you wanna get when you have enough money to throw.
    As your budget is only $300 You won't be able to buy both the monitor and the 3D vision kit ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998061 )in that budget.
    Also for a monitor I reccomend that you go to a local shop and see the image quality yourself.
    Make sure the monitor has
    Atleast 60Hz refresh rate (which is enough according to me)
    High Contrast ratio
    Wide viewing angle
  2. Hello... your Video card is fully capable to run another 1920x1080 60 HZ monitor with great results... your $300 opens up plenty of options in sizes... try to keep your "Pixel Pitch" the same, as your Samsung, for the least noticeable viewing differences.
  3. Ironsounds said:
    Hello... your Video card is fully capable to run another 1920x1080 60 HZ monitor with great results... your $300 opens up plenty of options in sizes... try to keep your "Pixel Pitch" the same, as your Samsung, for the least noticeable viewing differences.

Thanks for the information, and I agree. I ended up getting a 27" non 3d monitor. I just ordered a new AOC from Best Buy. It is an LED IPS. Great looking monitor and for only 269! Couldn't pass up that deal.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Monitors Graphics Product