Dieing monitor? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snickerzz

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
I'm using a Samsung SyncMaster 906bw monitor and lately the monitor won't display an image after being asleep for a few hours. There aren't any dead pixels and the monitor works fine when awake. The monitor power button flashes as if there wasn't a signal, i've turned off the monitor, unplugged the vga cord from the monitor and computer, unplugged teh monitos power cord, the only thing that will turn it back on is hard shut down of the computer. If it matters i'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, its on the balanced power option..
turn off display: 10min
put the computer to sleep: 30min
turn off hard disks: 20min
I haven't recently changed any hardware or any settings in my bios.

Computer Specs:
display: Samsung SyncMaster 906bw
cpu: Phenom ii x4 965
mobo: biostar ta990fxe
gpu: sapphire radeon hd 5450 (OCed, gpu clock 700mhz, memory clock 900mhz) idle around 42 degrees celsius
psu: ocz zs 750w
hdd: 1TB WD blue

Solution
That is not a display problem. You either have something wrong with your windows 7 installation, some software might prevent it from resuming the display or you may have some hardware problem
1. Uninstall and reinstall the display drivers/ stop unwanted programs or services
2. If 1st option fails reset the bios.

Xttony

Distinguished
That is not a display problem. You either have something wrong with your windows 7 installation, some software might prevent it from resuming the display or you may have some hardware problem
1. Uninstall and reinstall the display drivers/ stop unwanted programs or services
2. If 1st option fails reset the bios.

Solution

Snickerzz

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012

I just figured out that it was a program I recently start using called flux (f.lux). Thanks though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.