Sign in with
Your question

Strange glitch, I have no name for it.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 2, 2013 9:00:06 PM

So, I recently have gotten myself 2 24" S24B370 samsung monitors, they're awesome and I love them. But the past week or so, I have gotten this weird glitch that I just called a "render glitch" this may be completely incorrect but the issue is that, randomly on the task bar and also edges of files, there is see through areas of my background, pictures:
http://gyazo.com/d4455a7f3425a4b8aba1953b8c358b7b

http://gyazo.com/4dd81d936188d168e42d48664d8cd609

http://gyazo.com/c12f21ad35f64633b787002c490c7fa6

It shows randomly and is very frequent, I have done some experimenting and when I unplug one monitor and all the tasks transfer to the one monitor, there is no glitch at all. I at first thought it was my GPU doing this, seeing as the glitch appeared after I tried updating drivers, but due to future inspection I believe it's either something to do with the multiple screen software I am using (but the glitches have appeared on both the two programs I have tried: "DisplayFusion Pro 3.4" and "Ultramon") or something else I cannot think of.

My specs are an AMD HD 7850 and Intel i5 3550 windows 7 home premium

PS. When I try to screen print the glitch occurring, and paste the result into paint, the glitch is not there, only a perfect picture of what it is meant to be.

More about : strange glitch

February 2, 2013 9:06:08 PM

Try using your computer for a bit without the added screen software. It's possible they're conflicting with your driver.
February 2, 2013 9:09:30 PM

Will give it a shot! Thanks!
Related resources
February 2, 2013 9:13:40 PM

Just got the glitched again, with the multiple screen program not running. :( 
[Edit] There was a program running in the background, ended and will test again.
February 2, 2013 10:09:00 PM

Hasn't been any of the glitch since the last message, I do miss the tool bar on either side though. Does anyone know any way to fix this issue?
February 2, 2013 10:31:14 PM

Got the glitch again... I though it might have something to do with a program called "MagicTune" it's the program for customising lightness and what not on my screen, I exited it through windows task manager and it happened straight away... I am stumped.
February 2, 2013 11:00:56 PM

Skylineblue said:
Got the glitch again... I though it might have something to do with a program called "MagicTune" it's the program for customising lightness and what not on my screen, I exited it through windows task manager and it happened straight away... I am stumped.

You don't need MagicTune. Disable it in startup.
February 3, 2013 7:14:57 AM

Disable anything that is messing with your screen at all. The fewer things you have running, the easier it will be to track down your problem. It's possible your graphic drivers, gpu, monitor (although monitor issues won't show up in screen shots), etc. could be causing these glitches, you can't say what's doing what until you disable the unnecessary garbage.
February 4, 2013 5:31:33 AM

I will try uninstalling graphics drivers after I finish gaming for a day
February 4, 2013 2:27:10 PM

No you need your graphic drivers. Uninstall the third party stuff.
February 12, 2013 8:31:21 AM

I have tested endlessly, I had only one monitor hooked in for an hour, no issue AT ALL. As soon as I plug the other, same issue. (I had all 3rd party applications off for both testings.)
February 12, 2013 1:50:41 PM

I feel like we're going in circles; Please confirm you've done this.

1) Uninstalled (not just disabled/exited) all third party screen software.
2) Uninstalled your video card drivers.
3) Rebooted your PC.
4) Reinstalled latest video card drivers.
a b C Monitor
February 12, 2013 11:50:56 PM

I have exactly the same problem on my Windows 7 HP laptop when I connect another monitor.
!