Mini pci wireless card

thetomtntdoc

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hello,
I have a HP zd8000 laptop PC and would like to know what type of wireless card to get (that will work and fit) to upgrade my current card?

steven241

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
I was told we are inhibited by the computer BIOS therefore its up to the Computer maker, if you buy something to put inside it, after you take the computer apart to install it.

The Computer BIOS has a whitelist that the computer checks to make sure it conforms to what is installed. Therefore it must be the authorized card, if not and you install it, you get a warning on newer notebook computers to remove it, the older notebooks you could install the drivers and look like everything is working, except it does not turn on, you switch it on and does not light up, its prevented from turning on.

The problem is, if something goes wrong your wireless card be presumed to be the wrong card.

I thought it was silly to not be able to install what you like because the cards are tested and have a FCC listing on the card, some can work better than other cards. You can replace several parts, yet not the Wireless Card, I was told.

Therefore the solution is Flash the BIOS or the card, if you know how, or buy a wireless adapter to install in the USB or PCMCIA slot I was told.