Sign in with
Your question

[Help!] Black Screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2013 1:20:03 AM

I've been having an issue where one monitor at first turns black, then turns into gray, and then I have to manually reboot. I have two montiors, and this only happens when I'm playing games such as League of Legends, Tera, or Aion. My main monitor, the one that has my game, turns into black and fluctuates between dark shades of gray, and the second monitor just freezes; whatever the second monitor was displaying stays the same, but it's frozen as I can't see the time on skype updating. This has been happening consistenly and I'm not sure whether or not it's my graphics card or power issues.

My specs are:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
GeForce GTX 570 x2 (4GB total RAM)

My monitor sizes/brand are different (if that makes any difference)
23 inch asus and 22 inch samsaung

More about : black screen

February 3, 2013 1:29:24 AM

First thing First, make sure your drivers are up to date.

EDIT: Graphics Drivers that is, lol.
m
l
February 3, 2013 1:30:44 AM

My nVidia System Information states that I am currently running DirectX version 11.0 and I am on 310.90 (which I believe is the latest update).
m
l
Related resources
February 3, 2013 1:36:31 AM

if it started after you updated your drivers then roll them back to the previous version with device manager and see if that helps.
m
l
February 3, 2013 1:38:39 AM

At first I thought it was because my drivers were out-of-date (previous version was something like 307), the problem persisted. So I don't think it's because of this new update.
m
l
February 3, 2013 5:25:44 PM

It seems to me like your not actually trying any suggestions, just saying "oh, that wont work, tell me something else to try". This may not be the case, but from your responses it sure seems like it.
m
l
February 5, 2013 2:27:43 AM

No, I've tried your suggestion before, and the reason why I'm saying it doesn't work is because it doesn't work. I updated from 307 to 310 BECAUSE the problem was consistent, not because I don't think it'll work.
m
l
February 6, 2013 1:39:26 AM

Then go straight to running one card/one monitor, with both cards individually and see if either one gives the problem solo.
m
l
!