Closed

Nokia 6310i Locked

Hello, I have a 6310i which was on Orange and locked to that network, it was
on my friends company account, they have since renewed their phones, so my
friends wife wanted the phone.
She is on T-Mobile, the sim never worked, and another person tried to unlock
the phone by generating a code, this did not work now the phone just comes
up "Phone Restricted".
With the option to undo in the bottom right.

Can anyone generate a code if I supply the IMEI number?

Otherwise I might have to try Orange, they should supply one, the phone is
genuine, so if no one can help I will contact them.

Many Thanks and I hope someone can help
4 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6310i locked

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:26:13 GMT, "Tracey Bancroft"
    <tracey.bancroft@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone generate a code if I supply the IMEI number?
    >
    >Otherwise I might have to try Orange, they should supply one, the phone is
    >genuine, so if no one can help I will contact them.

    Be careful with unlock codes. You only get five attempts. After the
    fifth failure the phone can no longer be unlocked using codes and
    you'll have to have it flashed.

    - -

    Tracey Bancroft wrote:
    > Hello, I have a 6310i which was on Orange and locked to that network, it was
    > on my friends company account, they have since renewed their phones, so my
    > friends wife wanted the phone.
    > She is on T-Mobile, the sim never worked, and another person tried to unlock
    > the phone by generating a code, this did not work now the phone just comes
    > up "Phone Restricted".
    > With the option to undo in the bottom right.
    >
    > Can anyone generate a code if I supply the IMEI number?

    If you've exceeded the 5 attempts then you need to use a cable solution
    to unlock, ask an independent shop, or at the local market. If you're
    anywhere near Bedford, I can help too.

    > Otherwise I might have to try Orange, they should supply one, the phone is
    > genuine, so if no one can help I will contact them.

    Very unlikely they will do so, they usually only provide unlock codes
    for their own customers and will not do so for phones sold on, no matter
    whether genuine new owners or not.

    --

    Brian Morrison

    please observe reply-to address

    "Tracey Bancroft" <tracey.bancroft@ntlworld.com> wrote in
    message news:VMXNe.2387$%Q4.1889@newsfe7-win.ntli.net
    > Hello, I have a 6310i which was on Orange and locked to
    > that network, it was on my friends company account, they
    > have since renewed their phones, so my friends wife
    > wanted the phone. She is on T-Mobile, the sim never worked, and another
    > person tried to unlock the phone by generating a code,
    > this did not work now the phone just comes up "Phone
    > Restricted". With the option to undo in the bottom right.
    >
    > Can anyone generate a code if I supply the IMEI number?
    >
    > Otherwise I might have to try Orange, they should supply
    > one, the phone is genuine, so if no one can help I will
    > contact them.
    > Many Thanks and I hope someone can help

    How many attempts have you made..? As others have told you, there are a
    max. of 5 allowed.

    I have found that code 5 usually works on an Orange 6310i, it has on the
    three that I've unlocked anyway. Failing that, try code 7.

    Ivor

    "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:26:13 GMT, "Tracey Bancroft"
    > <tracey.bancroft@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Can anyone generate a code if I supply the IMEI number?
    >>
    >>Otherwise I might have to try Orange, they should supply one, the phone is
    >>genuine, so if no one can help I will contact them.
    >
    > Be careful with unlock codes. You only get five attempts.

    True.

    > After the
    > fifth failure the phone can no longer be unlocked using codes and
    > you'll have to have it flashed.

    Not true, but it will need to be unlocked using a cable method.

    --
    <<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
    <<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>

Nokia Phones