Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card going bad?

February 3, 2013 3:07:19 AM

Hello,
I have an Asus g60vx laptop that is about 3 years old. Thelaptops specs are Here: http://www.cnet.com/laptops/asus-g60vx-rbbx05/4507-3121...

About a month ago my computer randomly crashed and when I turned it back on I realized that my computer was saying that my display was not attached to a graphics card. At first I thought that this was simply a driver issue and so I uninstalled my previous graphics driver and downloaded the latest driver. My laptop worked for a few weeks without a problem. After that the same thing happened to me. I then tried several diferent versions of drivers, but I had the same problem with all of them. Since then my computer has been recognizing my graphics card off and on; it was gotten to the point to where it will recognize it and I can play games on it for about 15 minutes before my computer crashes. When I reboot my computer from one of the crashes everything works except for my graphics card. Does this mean that my graphics card is going bad? Or could it just be a driver issue that I overlooked?
Thanks for your future posts!

More about : graphics card bad

!