Overclocking GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmully

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Hi guys I have had a gtx 680 directcu ii (two slot) and i need help overcloking. I can get 1208 on the core just fine. when i bump it up to 1218 it seems to be on the very verge of being stable it make three runs through Heaven with everything max but then it black screens. It is at stock voltage, fans set to 50%, and power target set to 115%. Any help would be nice. Thanks

Solution

As you overclock and overvolt, you have two things happening. One, errors, two, excessive power.

Errors of course will give black screens, sparkles, etc. Overpower will cause the GPU to slow itself down.

If you way overvolt, you may exceed the power of the board, even with a stock clock rate!

Find the maximum clock rate at stock voltage.

Bump the voltage just a bit, 25mV or even less.

Find the maximum clock rate again.

Repeat until you get the fastest clock rate, you will run into either errors or throttling down.

Arent much for overclocking? um the 680 Classy holds the single GPU world record right now at 2ghz

Xttony

Distinguished

Yes it will but increasing voltage will also increase the temperature so keep monitoring the temperatures while you increase the voltage. Make sure you increase the voltage in small steps.

As you overclock and overvolt, you have two things happening. One, errors, two, excessive power.

Errors of course will give black screens, sparkles, etc. Overpower will cause the GPU to slow itself down.

If you way overvolt, you may exceed the power of the board, even with a stock clock rate!

Find the maximum clock rate at stock voltage.

Bump the voltage just a bit, 25mV or even less.

Find the maximum clock rate again.

Repeat until you get the fastest clock rate, you will run into either errors or throttling down.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.