Fps decrease from 70 to 25 in battlefield 3

abdullah_61

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
hello everyone . I m facing some issue in my pc from past 2 days . I am playing bf3 at high setting at 1080p . It runs fine with 40-80 fps . After 3-4 hours fps drop to 20-25 which make the game unplayable . Since i am just playing bf3 , i dont know if it will have same fps drop in other game . what can be the issue ?? I am suspecting a psu or gpu issue .

thanks for your reply ! :)

My config
intel core i3 2120
zotac 560ti @ stock speed
4 gb ddr3
corsair VS 450w psu
window 7 32 bit (yes i know it sucks)

Solution
I'm going with temps. You said it happens after awhile and you've been playing for over a year. As the sinks build up dust, the temps will go up. The CPU and GPU then need to downclock so they don't cook themselves. Power down and clean the CPU heat sink. Remove the GPU and blow it clean as well.
I would suspect that it has something to do with CPU performance. BF3 takes advantage of 4 cores. Also, you run into issues with windows as you knew you made notation of it as you are memory capped. A quad core would be more advantageous for BF3.

abdullah_61

Distinguished
May 11, 2010

The thing is , i have been playing from 1 year and fps have never dropped below 30 . And i am not playing the game at ultra but at high setting . Aftersometime i dont know why fps goes to below 30 from 2 days .

abdullah_61

Distinguished
May 11, 2010

yes it lag a little at explosion . But this time i am lagging in entire game . Game is almost unplayable .

abdullah_61

Distinguished
May 11, 2010

Well all maps in bf3 are large ! I have faced the problem in team deathmatch round of 24 player and conques round of 32 player .

4745454b

Titan
I'm going with temps. You said it happens after awhile and you've been playing for over a year. As the sinks build up dust, the temps will go up. The CPU and GPU then need to downclock so they don't cook themselves. Power down and clean the CPU heat sink. Remove the GPU and blow it clean as well.

Solution