Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Problem with NVIDIA Grpahics card (NEED HELP!))

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2013 12:22:28 PM

I have Dell Inspiron 530 with a NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS (I also had Windows 8). Just recently, I started having problems with my monitor. I would start up the computer and it would show me the Windows Logo as it loaded, then the monitor would turn itself off. I restarted multiple times, going into the computer in safe mode and I even did a system restore to a week before hand, but the problem continued. It also gave me a Blue Screen of Death saying "Your computer has encountered an error and is shutting down to prevent corruption" (Something along those lines, it popped up for about 3 seconds). :heink: 

I thought it was due to changes made by software so I completely wiped the computer and set it back to its factory settings (Windows Vista OS). The problem didn't go away, but I was able to figure out that my NVIDIA graphics card was causing the problem. I currently have tried updating it (didn't work) and now I'm wondering if the card itself may just be bad. I don't know too much about computers and drivers and such, so I was hoping someone who has had similar problems or has a solution could help me.
a b Î Nvidia
February 4, 2013 8:28:02 AM

time to get new card
Score

Best solution

February 5, 2013 6:59:31 AM

Yes, the video card is seriously over-outdated I'm afraid. If you play any games, get the 650 Ti (130 USD). If not, buy the affordable GT 640 (80 USD)
Related resources
February 5, 2013 8:21:07 PM

Crowcore said:
Yes, the video card is seriously over-outdated I'm afraid. If you play any games, get the 650 Ti (130 USD). If not, buy the affordable GT 640 (80 USD)

Does the GT 640 work with the Dell Inspiron 530? I've heard lots of problems with upgrading the graphics card in the 530 and wanted to make sure I wouldn't encounter any more problems.
Score
February 6, 2013 6:29:19 AM

What specific problems did you encounter ? The GT 640 is a very small card, so place shouldn't be an issue. This video card also doesn't need a beefy power supply so that is also not a problem either. Just make sure to uninstall previous graphics/video drivers before downloading & setting up the latest one of the Geforce.com website.
Score
February 6, 2013 8:21:10 PM

I personally haven't encountered any problems but just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have any.
Score
February 7, 2013 5:54:52 PM

Sapphire 7750 is the strongest newest card which will work in your Inspiron without upgrading power supply. If you upgrade power supply, you can place any video card which physically fits!
Score
February 8, 2013 8:14:09 PM

Kisianik said:
Sapphire 7750 is the strongest newest card which will work in your Inspiron without upgrading power supply. If you upgrade power supply, you can place any video card which physically fits!

How does one upgrade their power supply?
Score
February 8, 2013 8:37:12 PM

Any standard ATX power supply will do, just make sure it has 24 or 20+4 main power connector and I think 4 pin axillary power connector, I will be back on it tomorrow, going to work soon
Score
March 2, 2013 8:42:15 PM

Best answer selected by Turtleboot.
Score
!