Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Should I buy now or wait?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2013 1:15:30 PM

I recently RMA'd two 7970's because AMD drivers < rotting feces of rabid guinea pig and I was wondering if I should get two 680 classified's or wait for the 700 series. Ik that everyone always saya if you wait all the time you never buy but i need these to last at least 4 years and do not want to get them just to have a card that is 30 percent faster come out in 8 months. Since the new ones will still be using 28nm tech and still be kepler what is the likelihood they will be much faster? I also do not want to wait 8 months for a card that will only give me say 33 fps instead of 30 fps.

When should it come out and will it be much faster?

More about : buy wait

February 3, 2013 2:10:40 PM

I dont think the state of the guinea pig's brain matter would effect the feces, and I think you answered your own question XD. Now me I would wait because the cards you are most likely going to buy would drop down in price. Also TWO 680's O.o
Score
February 3, 2013 2:19:54 PM

I am so stuck because I cannot tell if the 700 cards will be good enough to be worth waiting or not. TBH I do not know why I even started this thread because if I do not know nobody else is really going to know either. I guess I am just hoping some very educated random will appear and by some chance be able to make a very accurate speculation based off just the act they will be 28nm and use kepler because I do not know specifically how much room for improvement that leaves.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2013 6:02:07 PM

I would wait..Weigh your options before buying so you dont feel bad buying a 600 series card then when the 700 drops you end up wanting to sell the 600 card you just bought and have buyers remorse..I say the gtx 700 drops march april and the gpu technology conf comes up in march so lets see what happens
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2013 6:17:57 PM

the cards won't last you 4 years... in 4 years, they will on be able to play the games on medium settings.(If improvements in graphics continue to improve at the current rate.)

Better off just buying gtx 670 and then upgrading in 2-3 years.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2013 6:44:09 PM

Azn Cracker said:
the cards won't last you 4 years... in 4 years, they will on be able to play the games on medium settings.(If improvements in graphics continue to improve at the current rate.)

Better off just buying gtx 670 and then upgrading in 2-3 years.

I dont agree..Because people stay doing this buying last gen right when its time for the new gens to come out then selling that card they just bought to get the new gen when they hear about the specs. We close to 700 series..Save your self some trouble of buying/selling the 600 series and wait and buyers remorse is a bitch when it happens
Score
February 4, 2013 10:22:38 PM

Yah..ima waitthx guys
Score
February 4, 2013 10:23:01 PM

Best answer selected by mike88931.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2013 11:33:40 PM

mike88931 said:
Yah..ima waitthx guys

Also another note the 28mm gpus gtx 700/ati 8000 series would make sense to drop 2nd quarter of this year this way they have a full year to shine and the new 20mm gpus gtx 800/ati 9000 series next year in 2014 around the same time so honestly yea if your waiting for a 700 we should really hear some news in the next few months. Im waiting for a gtx 780 or 770 my self
Score
!